Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whats the stock system like?

We might be getting a 2010 LSV if all goes well. The dealer has the light bar and 4 speaker tower setup as well as the sub and transon remote in the package.

What gear do they use for the tower speakers and amps/subs and how well does it sound? I just bought a set of HLCD speakers I would like to use but not sure if the stock system sounds pretty good already.

Given that you paid the money for HLCDs and your username is "loudsubz" I think it's safe to say that the stock setup will not be enough to make you happy. I'd skip that option and do it yourself.

Some of these threads are just funny as hell! Of course after our super moderators chime in

I'd stick with your HLCD's and build it how you want it!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Well I have never bought a brand new boat so I have no idea what kind of setups they are offering these days.

The option is already included as the boat was already built and is sitting on the dealers lot so hes trying to get rid of it.

What size are the speakers in the 4 speaker setup? I might buy some 6.5" hlcd and replace the existing ones.

Hows the rest of the system though, forget my usernamel, I used to be a bass head when I was younger, I just want it loud when boarding now

Since it seems the system won't be up to snuff anyone swap out their stock speakers and use the cans for some HLCD setups? I can get some 6.5" cheap but they are deep. Wonder if anyone has swapped out just the existing speakers for this assuming the stock ones are 6.5"

Cool

Go into some of the archives,there are lots of threads on this. Many of us replace the in boat speakers with Polk Db651 6 1/2's which i think is a very good upgrade myself for the money,as for tower speakers the skys the limit. HCLD's are the way to go if you have the cash.I'm sure others will speak up .

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    Well I have never bought a brand new boat so I have no idea what kind of setups they are offering these days.

The option is already included as the boat was already built and is sitting on the dealers lot so hes trying to get rid of it.

What size are the speakers in the 4 speaker setup? I might buy some 6.5" hlcd and replace the existing ones.

Hows the rest of the system though, forget my usernamel, I used to be a bass head when I was younger, I just want it loud when boarding now
    It's a great question, I just have a tendency to cut right to the chase. Many people are gutting the stock system and starting over, so with your username and a set of HLCDs on hand, well... Don't let it keep you from buying the boat though. It's a fine setup and works just fine for many people. The nice thing is that you can upgrade piece by piece, and only in the areas you think need upgrading. Plus there always seems to be a market for stock parts so you can recoup some money that way too.

What HLCDs did you buy? Make sure you post some pics once you buy that boat!

Definitely put some pics up. We have some real experts on here to help you with your system too. And, you can advertise the stock stuff on here when you pull it or get the dealer to just remove it and take it off the pricetag.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info guys, I will def post pics when I get it. For now this is the only pic the dealer sent. Hard to tell the tower speakers from the pics. The HLCD I have are Krypt HLCD from BulletLines and sound great for what they cost.

Are the stock cans deep enough to hold a decent set of HLCD or would bigger cans be needed?

I assume it comes with 2 kicker amps as I have seen a few pics on the web. Does anyone know what models they are and how many watts they put out? I used to be heavy into car audio and still am into home audio and automation very much soo.

My current boat has 2 JBL 180.2 powering the tower speakers giving them 360 watt RMS to each speaker and I have 300 watt RMS going to 2 12" Kicker Comp subs, also have a 7 band EQ and harman kardon drive and play, but thats all going in on the trade in.

intriguing. your userid and description would lead me to believe that you have a high wattage system, but the above in your current boat does not indicate that. the factory system in the moomba should have similar power to what you are currently running in your boat, and I'm guessing you will need even more power if you plan on swapping out the cans for hlcd's.
    I've upgraded the entire system from stock and am running almost 1500 watts of fosgate power and consider myself middle of the road for boat upgrades from what others have done on here

about the cans, I have the stock roswell cans that are holding 4 bullet hollowpoints that fit perfectly depthwise. the cans on the boat above should hold a nice set of hlcd's and you will not be unhappy with them. one of the best upgrades you can make for tunes while boarding...

btw, nice boat above, very clean look.. hope you end up with it.. you won't be unhappy
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten