Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bilge Pump Wont Kick.....

So I just purchased an 06 Mobius LS, The boat is a beauty, but I cant seem to get the bilge pump going. You hit the switch on the dash, it lights up, you can definitely hear the pump kick on, however it is not dispelling any water from the boat. I tried blowing from the outside and you can see it bubble by the pump. I wrapped around the bilge exit on the outside of the boat and i can physically suck some water through the line. The other problem is that the bilge keeps tripping on the dash. It will run for a few mins, then it just stops for a few and then engages again. Im definitely no boat mechanic, so I thought I would see if anyone else had this problem as well.....Appreciate any feedback. Unfortunately I am out of town right now and cant get on it. Wondering if its a fuse or something?

2nd on some kind of crud in the pump keeping it from pumping, pop the pump off the base and clean it out
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by royalchez View Post
    So I just purchased an 06 Mobius LS, The boat is a beauty, but I cant seem to get the bilge pump going. You hit the switch on the dash, it lights up, you can definitely hear the pump kick on, however it is not dispelling any water from the boat. I tried blowing from the outside and you can see it bubble by the pump. I wrapped around the bilge exit on the outside of the boat and i can physically suck some water through the line. The other problem is that the bilge keeps tripping on the dash. It will run for a few mins, then it just stops for a few and then engages again. Im definitely no boat mechanic, so I thought I would see if anyone else had this problem as well.....Appreciate any feedback. Unfortunately I am out of town right now and cant get on it. Wondering if its a fuse or something?
    I am trying to read into your post and it seems you may not know that the bilge pump is on an automatic float switch. It will kick on when the water in the bilge area reaches a certain level then will kick off by itself once it has pumped all the water out that it can. Note that it will not pump all the water out - there will still be some left around the pump. Turning the switch on bypasses the auto switch and forces the pump to come on.

If you already know all this, I apologize. There might be a partial obstruction in the pump inlet that is preventing it from priming and thus, pumping water out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Mine was the same way -

I got mine to work by turning the pump on at full speed to kind of force water into the system and prime the pump so-to-speak. It filled fine after that even when sitting still. I think you just may need to have some water started before it really kicks in.

Of course, I may be doing it wrong and could get scolded by others on here for being an idiot, but thats how I got mine to go!
    2003 Mobius LS

Uhm - Sorry...just realized you were talking about the bilge pump and not the ballast pump.

Admins - delete if needed. My apologies.
    2003 Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Droz View Post
    Mine was the same way -

I got mine to work by turning the pump on at full speed to kind of force water into the system and prime the pump so-to-speak. It filled fine after that even when sitting still. I think you just may need to have some water started before it really kicks in.

Of course, I may be doing it wrong and could get scolded by others on here for being an idiot, but thats how I got mine to go!
    Todd,

No scolding here - you have to prime the ballast fill pump each time you put it in the water. Just get up to planing speed (20 mph or so) and then turn the pump on (no need to go full speed). Just need to do this one time after putting the boat in the water initially.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I just replaced the bilge pump on my 06 XLV. It would show the light on the dash, but it wouldn't pump. I think that during some point, water went over the bilge pump with the battery dead and messed the motor up. I could make it come on after I pulled it loose from the mount. It wouldn't go at full power, kinda like it was weak. I put a new one in, and works fine now. 50.00 bucks at wally world and good to go.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Smile

Mine was full of carpet fragments back awhile ago,when boat was new and was very similar. Pop the pump off and likely you will find the problem,is debris of some sort.

I assume we are talking about the attwood sahara s 500 auto bilge pump. check the guts and see if anything is blocking the impellar.

thes only seem to last a coupl years based on the reviews i read online . my out port snapped off , so i am replacing mine next week..
    good luck

Medic151, did you have to cut the wires and resplice them in or can you unravel enough of the loom to find the plug to the pump.??
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JMvotto, I had to cut the wires since there was very little slack. You would think that some thought would go into that knowing that they are eventually going to be replaced. The wires coming off the new Sahara were plenty long so I spliced them in and used the excess to hang the splice from a motor mount to keep it out of any bilge water. Some of the liquid electrical tape helps also, although it says not to submerge it. Thats why I hung it up out of the water.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV