Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride Knoxville

Default Ride Knoxville

Anyone looking to ride in Knoxville, TN? I moved here late this winter and have been have been looking for some people to ride with. I have a 01 Mobius DD I can take out anytime. Knoxville has been pretty good time, but I haven't gotten to enjoy what I have love about TN the most, the water.

Yep, 2nd the knoxwake.com
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Awesome, thanks guys. A lot of guys at work ride, but are older and always doing the family thing so we cant always get out. There's way to much water here to not use.

Compared to Illinois, Tennessee is looking pretty good to me. In addition to lots of clean water for boating fun, Tennessee has no state income tax, a sales tax rate of just 5% - 7.5% (Chicago is above 10%), a gas tax of only 21.4 cents/gallon (Illinois is 39.3 cents/gallon), a sovereign credit rating of AA+ (Illlinois is in the worst shape of all fifty states, with a huge pension liability that will make it even worse for this who stick around), low property taxes, and affordable housing. Chattanooga looks pretty interesting to me. It's a two hour drive to Atlanta if I need a direct flight to DC, Chicago, or Denver. It's in reasonably close proximity to Nashville and Knoxville. Climate is more moderate than northern Illinois. May end up haning with you guys a year from now.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

TN is a great state to live for all the reasons mentioned. However, its the only state I've ever lived, lol. I live in Cookeville, TN. Its midway on I-40 between Knoxville and Nashville. Also, I'm pretty much between two great lakes. I'm about 30 minutes to either Centerhill or Dale Hollow, so I can't complain. The water in Dale Hollow is amazingly clear. We even scuba dive there occassionally. I prefer Nash or Knox over Chattanooga for whatever reason but like all 3. Chatt is close to Atl which is nice for flights. We usually fly out of Nashville but always check Atl. Whichever is cheaper is the one we go with. Look us up if you head this way.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Deerfield, move down there and we'll see you next year on Dale Hollow. Daze and I have been trying to plan a trip up there for 2 years now. I think next year it's gonna happen.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane - I just went to the Dale Hollow tourism web site and like what I see. Lake is big and clean. Lots of shoreline and places to get away from the crowd for smooth water. Can rent a really, really nice place to stay (5 rooms, 3 baths, huge deck, fantastic kitchen) for a full week for a reasonable price. Tennessee beckons....... - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I think we should plan the biggest Moomba owners event of all time next year (2011) summer on Dale Hollow. Wouldn't that be something? I'll ask my sister to come and make a documentary. She's an emmy winning producer in Hollywood. It would be a blast!!!!!!
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-05-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've never been to Dale Hollow because I almost always go to Norris. We are really fortunate here in the Knoxville area to have all the water we do and plenty of options for clean lakes. I suppose thats why so many boat manufacturers are within a stone's throw of each other here - Skier's Choice, Sea Ray, MasterCraft, Bryant.....

Check the Wake Shop at American Boat Center too, they always have something going on.
    2003 Mobius LS