Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ian-

Surely something changed? Did you swap out any wires, RCA cables, etc?

How many RCA cables do you run to the amp? 1 set or two?

If two, you probably have a subwoofer output from your head unit, and then the full range output is on a fader control. Check to make sure you did not fade the head unit all the way forward or backward....

Phil
    Kicker

Literally nothing changed! I run 1 set of RCA's to the amp, and let it split the signal internally. This happened WHILE I WAS DRIVING! I had the radio at low volume idling in a canal, and didn't think much of it, I thought just a "quiet" song came up on my iPod. When I tooled back into my marina I turned the volume up, and the sub got louder, the front speakers (that run direct from the HU) got louder, and I had nothing from the main speakers.

I checked the gains, HPF, RCA's and switched inputs on the RCA's, I even ran a wire direct from the amp to a full rane speaker (to test if it was a connection or wiring issue to the full range speakers) and still nothing. I completely pulled the amp out, inspected it, and re-installed, still nothing.

I currently have the amp sitting on my dining room table, I guess with the hope that putting it in 'Time Out' will make it want to work tonight when I re-re-install it, lol.
    2013 Outback V

Check all the fuses on the end of the amp. See if any are blown.

Stuff happens... You may need to send it in for repair. If you run out of ideas, you can call our toll-free line at (800) 256-0808 and ask for customer service to get an RMA number for repair. Or you can e-mail me and I can forward it. I'll PM ya my work e-mail! (gotta be careful with spam these days!)

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks for the info! I'm going to give it another tinker tonight, I'll let you guys know how it goes!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    That does not seem right asdman.

You might be looking at a difference between refurb price and new. Some of our on-line authorized guys sell both. Double check; there is not that much differnce when comparing the two, when both are brand new.

Phil
    Kicker
    Double checked.... Not refurb... On hifisoundconnection (one of the few authorized resellers) it's about $320 for the zx and $549 for the zxm... Vminnovations (auth reseller) doesn't have the zxm , but the prices are similar for the zx...

There seems to be 3 or 4 ebayers selling the zxm (new) for $320ish.... What's the story on those guys? (do a search on bay for zxm700.5 )

OOOOORRRRRRRR... Do you stay out of pricing discussions?
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm pretty sure HiFi sells refurbs - it's where I bought both of my amps.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I'm pretty sure HiFi sells refurbs - it's where I bought both of my amps.
    They sell both new and refurb
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ahh - that explains it!
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by brenpire View Post
    Whatever comes with a 2006 LSV, everything is factory.. Kenwood deck, 6 speakers in the boat, 2 bow, 4 cabin. 2 tower speakers and a 10" sub. I think everything is kenwood. I believe the cabin and bow speakers run directly from the deck, the tower speakers and the sub ran off the 4 channel amp. I think this because the cabin/bow speakers still work after i removed the amp. The amp stopped working at the end of last year. power light would flash on and off, that's about all it did. It looks a bit rusty as well. Worth repairing or just get a new one?

The set up has never been the greatest but worked well for my needs. I always thought the boat lacked any real bass. Now that I need to replace the amp i'd be happy to improve the set up at the same time. I don't need to be the loudest guy on the lake but appreciate a decent set up. I can get the part numbers for what is in the boat on the weekend if that would help.

Either way I really appreciate the advice.
    brenpire, I have the same factory set-up with the KAC-8402 on my 2006 LSV. Last weekend the tower speakers and sub started randomly cutting out for a few seconds before coming back on for an unpredictible amount of time. I noticed the power light on the amp was flashing when this would happen....I also noticed the cabin speakers were uneffected which makes sense if they are powered by the head unit. I am thinking that amp is probably going bad. I'm not sure if I should find a single amp similar to the factory, go with separate amps for the sub and tower speakers and leave the cabins hooked up the head...or go ahead and power all the speakers with amps. Please post what you decide/d to do with the set-up. I'm not looking for the cheapest solution, but I'm not looking to spend more than I have to. Advice from anyone is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by rjirleand View Post
    brenpire, I have the same factory set-up with the KAC-8402 on my 2006 LSV. Last weekend the tower speakers and sub started randomly cutting out for a few seconds before coming back on for an unpredictible amount of time. I noticed the power light on the amp was flashing when this would happen....I also noticed the cabin speakers were uneffected which makes sense if they are powered by the head unit. I am thinking that amp is probably going bad. I'm not sure if I should find a single amp similar to the factory, go with separate amps for the sub and tower speakers and leave the cabins hooked up the head...or go ahead and power all the speakers with amps. Please post what you decide/d to do with the set-up. I'm not looking for the cheapest solution, but I'm not looking to spend more than I have to. Advice from anyone is appreciated!
    Rjirleand ,that sounds familiar. I dropped off my Kenwood amp at local dealer. They are going to have a look at it and see if it's worth repairing. Whenl I was there they showed me some options and we discussed upgrading. I'm really quite happy with the sound from the speakers I currently have. Because of that they recommended that I start with upgrading from the Kenwood amp. If after that I wanted more bass to upgrade the sub. Then to consider a second amp to power the cabin speakers. It's really easy to get into upgrading and replacing everything. I had to remind my self that I wasn't unhappy in the first place. Anyway, if the Kenwood is repairable for under $150 I'll stick with it. Failing that the dealer is selling me on Clarion Marine.
    2006 LSV