Thread: Amp location?

Hybrid View

Question Amp location?

I am putting in a second amp in my 06' LSV I have one under the glovebox area that faces towards the opening against the back wall above the battery. I was thinking about putting the other one against the left side facing in where there seems to be a little bump. I am not sure what is behing it. Is it a vent area looks like tubes coming out of the top of it. Could I drill into that or not? Any thoughts on where to mount another amp?

Are you talking about something like this??
    Your other option is to build an amp rack and put it on either side of the hump. But I took the easy way and did what your thinking
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default Thanks...

Yeah just like that. I like how you have them both on that spot I may move my other one and stack them also. No problems putting it in that spot?

Eric,

No problem mounting it there. That is an air plenum. Fresh air enters the vent that is in front of and at the base of the windshield, thru the black hose, into that air plenum, then on to the engine compartment.

I have the same boat as you and elected to mount my amps on an amp board mounted in front of the air plenum (pic below).

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab; thats an incredibly clean instalation, very nice! Did you do it yourself, or have a shop do it?
    2013 Outback V

Eric - no probs as cab says.
    You do however have to have an amp(s) that has a small footprint to fit. My ouback has less room to work with than the bigger moomba versions I think so you could probably fit a wider amp?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Cab; thats an incredibly clean instalation, very nice! Did you do it yourself, or have a shop do it?
    Thanks Ian. I did the install myself, my first real stereo install actually. In the pic above, I had not finished wiring the amps so it looks cleaner than it actually is. Below are pics of the finished install. One of my goals was to minimize the amount of lost usable storage space so that's why I installed everything as far forward as possible.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV