Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Got some ski done

shew for a minute I thought I was going to have to change my handle to wakeyaker. You see, our closest lake (prairie creek reservoir) has a 20 mph speed limit- hence why I took up wakeboarding. But in the last 2 weeks I spent a weekend at Brookville reservoir where I got out early Sat and Sun and rekindled my love of slalom. Then on Wednesday my neighbor wanted me to pull her beautiful Sanger up to Lake Webster- which I did and got 2 runs in behind one of the few direct drives I've had the pleasure of skiing behind. Then over Memorial day I was on a houseboat at Patoka lake in Indiana which put us on the water for some ski time before the crazies and tubers woke up.

well stay tuned- I've hooked up with the local ski club so next I get to try to elevate my skiing to the next level and shoot for the course!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    in the last 2 weeks I spent a weekend at Brookville reservoir where I got out early Sat and Sun and rekindled my love of slalom.
    skiyaker - Good to have you back from the darkside. Stay with us, man! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

thanks deerfield. I tried the slalom course last week and even though I'm TERRIBLE at it I think I'm hooked (I did however manage all 6 amateur buoys LOL) . Oh well, I'm off to lake barkley for some free skiing- I'll make a fool out of myself some more when I get back. I told my wife if I can get the 6 "real buoys" I might enter a grass roots even just for the heck of it.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Sled491 Guest

Dude way to go. Skiing is my passion and consider myself hard core, nothing compares, don't hesitate to ask questions, there are no shortage of wannabe experts around.

Read a few books (if you can find them) and buy a video to help your development. Otherwise, you may become like me with a lot of bad habits that are hard to break.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Read a few books (if you can find them) and buy a video to help your development. Otherwise, you may become like me with a lot of bad habits that are hard to break.
    lol thanks- I definitely already have them since I've been free skiing since I was 10 though I never skied behind an inboard until last year. I figure if I can undo just a few of them that's about all I can hope for. I guess I'll start with my nasty off side turn!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

I used to free ski as a kid. Three years ago, I tried a slalom course for the first time.. I think it was more addictive than a heroin addict's first hit.

For a golfer, it would be like spending twenty years on the driving range before someone took you to an actual golf course.

I have become a student of slalom and enjoy it 1000 times more than wakeboarding.

My latest pb: 4.5 at 28' off, 34mph.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    I told my wife if I can get the 6 "real buoys" I might enter a grass roots even just for the heck of it.
    ski - Put it on your bucket list. Do it at least once. And we want to hear about it. If someone is there for pics, make a little documentary for us. Go for it! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    My latest pb: 4.5 at 28' off, 34mph.
    That's pretty doggone good.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

4.5 @ 28 off is rockin...

I thought I used to know how to ski after doing it for 40 years. But the new ski and new weight range have put me back to newbie status... Hope to remedy that this week.

I would say - get some lessons. I highly Recommend Ski Paradise in Acapulco if you can afford it. A must do at least once in any enthusiastic skiers life.

http://www.skiparadise.com/
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off