Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Best Rought Water Wakeboat

A lot of tow boats companies claim one of their boat as the best rought water boat in the industries. I think about Tigé's Rz4 or MC's x35-45-55-80... In your opinion, what's the best rought water machine from Skier's Choice ?

Next year i'm changing my 03 Mob Lsv (Wife says yes) and im looking for much more cockpit depth, much more room and much more confortable ride in choppy waters.. ( Yesterday one of my tower speakers poped out of his box protesting against the smoothness of the ride... )

Centurion Enzo 230 and 240. From what I here about the Mastercrafts with the picklefork bow is that you may as well keep your life jacket on if you sit up front because of rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCaron View Post
    In your opinion, what's the best rought water machine from Skier's Choice ?

probably the moomba XLV 23Ft" and the supra 24v or ssv.

but if its ride your looking for it not a wakeboat, try a Colbalt or Criss Craft.

my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Centurion Enzo 230 and 240. From what I here about the Mastercrafts with the picklefork bow is that you may as well keep your life jacket on if you sit up front because of rollers.
    i spend alot of time on an Enzo 230 and its is super smooth in everything. My buddy thinks with the trailer its around 6K lbs though. It is massive and he prob has at least 500lbs of stereo in his.

Quote Originally Posted by mutau052 View Post
    i spend alot of time on an Enzo 230 and its is super smooth in everything. My buddy thinks with the trailer its around 6K lbs though. It is massive and he prob has at least 500lbs of stereo in his.
    The Enzo probably has the deepest v-hull out of all the wakeboats even though it's known for it's surf wake, the wakeboard wake isn't shabby by anymeans. I bought my leftover XLV about 2 weeks before the "KK" Centurions started showing up on Boattrader and Onlyinboards. The KK Centurions were probably a deal of a lifetime. We're talking $65-$70k Enzos going for $38-$45k. That's my only regret about my XLV...I would have gotten a Centurion Enzo if I'd known to wait another week or two.

I have a Centurion Avalanche with a bit more continuous 'V' than the Enzo, but the Enzo is 23-24 and I'm 22ft (typhoon is a stretched version of the Avy at 23ft). Yeh those KK boats were unbelieveable. Some dealers won't work on them or do warranty claims as I too thought about upgrading.

XLV or Supra 24 will be the best ride from SC and pretty close to the Enzo.

supposedly supreme has a boat that has a deeper "v" than the enzo's. it's quite a surf machine I understand, just churned out in such low production numbers that they are not around..

off topic a little, what are the centurion "kk" boats? I've seen some real cheap prices on the enzo's out here are a few of the west coast dealers. are they the ones that the middleman in colorado was ordering and shipping around?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Supra 21v has a deep V hull and should handle the chop well compared to other 21' boats.

I mostly spend my days out on the Saint Lawrence River here in Quebec and all dealers are 3 hours away from me. So planning a test drive for those 24 footers is not easy... That's why im asking

Saint Lawrence River is a realy realy big playground but that also mean big rollers sometimes... We also share the river with some 800 fts cargo ships 2 or 3 times a day.

What's the difference between the XLV and the LSV freeboard (both later models)? I would like to see a picture with both sitting in water side to side.
    Last edited by MartinCaron; 06-02-2010 at 11:28 AM.

If you want a SC boat, then the Mobius XLV or the Supra 24 are the best bet, like everyone said. I will also second the Centurion comments, those boats are deep and will handle chop much better. The V portino of the Centurion hulls extends all the way to the transom, unlike most others that flatten out at the aft.