Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am having vapor lock issues. Yes, pouring water over the fuel pump works, but is only temporary and the fuel pump still whines. Found that the solution from skiers choice is adding a second fuel pump before the fuel filter. 2007 models they are providing the fuel pump at no cost. Of course my 2006 LSV isn't covered, so I had to buy it. Has anyone tried installing this option from skiers choice? I started tonight but they provide a 90 degree fitting and I need straight of course.

Default Update

Well today I finally got the new coil put on.
    Replaced the cap and rotor last week....

Also installed the new fuel line with the pressure gauge and I'm not too happy with the quality of it. I'm hoping it's not going to leak at all and it just seems very "cheap."
    I guess that's what happens when you buy things on Ebay sometimes.

I also started wrapping parts of the fuel lines with the heat tape to prevent the vapor locking issues.
    I went to try and start the boat and nothing.... Just cranked and cranked and cranked, but would not fire. Well great, what now?
    Come to find out it doesn't seem like the fuel pump is working or is low in pressure.
    It definitely had power to it...
    Disconnected the fuel pump and lines and went ahead and ordered a new one from Summit Racing... $117 Carter P4389
    It kind of makes me mad that this one is only about 2 years old and already crapped out on me.

I also got the OJ 13X12 prop I purchased from TL7 installed.
    I had already ordered the 3 jaw puller from Harbor Freight Tools, but the prop came off by hand with ease for some reason.
    At least I will have the tool now in case I ever need to use it again.

I had talked to a mechanic at the local marina the other day and he said to stay away from using Heet as it has a lot of alcohol in it and isn't good for the fuel system on a boat.
    He said Seafoam is OK every once in a while, but he said to buy the Stabil Ethanol formula and to run that in EVERY tank and it should help a lot with the fuel.
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

My brother the auto mechanic says that many of the people with high powered outboards are using that Stabil in the Lacrosse area where he lives. He says it's a good product.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I am having this same issue for two seasons now. I am thinking about getting a water separator because this is happing too often. I do use a engine compartment heater which creates a greenhouse effect in my engine compartment during the winter. I store with stabilizer and a full tank but that does not seem to be working. Seems like I get a large amount of water in my tank.

Default Fixed !!!!

Got the new fuel pump today and had it installed within 20 minutes. I also wrapped some of the heat tape around it to prevent vapor lock.
    Cycled the key a few times to get it primed then started cranking the motor and what do ya know the Ebay fuel line started leaking. I figured this was going to happen because it just didn't seem like it fit right....
    Went ahead and disconnected it and put the old one back on.
    Went to start the boat again and she fired right up !!!!!
    Problem fixed... (For now.)
    I guess I'm out $40 on the fuel line, but oh well it's only money right?
    I'm going to order another the correct Holley one from Summit Racing that has the gauge port in it so if anything else goes wrong I can at least see if there is fuel pressure....
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

I had vapor lock a few times last summer. Started using stabil for marine engines and it solved the ethanol/vapor lock issue. 1oz per 10gal I believe.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV