Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCaron View Post
    IMO, Once you surfed behind a fully loaded boat with a 5' hight wake by 15' long, you can't engoy anymore only getting slack in the rope.

That was a fluke thing for me to try that with no ballast--normally im running around 1550-1950lbs water ballast plus peeps onboard
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

What is the weight of the G3 ballast? I cannot find it anywhere...

Thanks!

in the LSV its 1200. 3 bags 400 lbs each.

in the XLV I think its more like 1900, but not sure on that one.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

XLV has two 400 lb bags in the rear corners and a 650 lb bag in the front, for 1450 lbs.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

Quote Originally Posted by SC_LSV View Post
    in the LSV its 1200. 3 bags 400 lbs each.
    Actually, the stock GIII on the 2006 LSV is 275lbs in each rear locker (16x16x30) and 400 in the ski locker (10x16x70). At least that's what was in mine. Are there any numbers printed on the end of your bags? If so, post them here and I'll tell you what you have.

Below is a pic of my surf wave. Set up is 750 lbs in the surf side rear locker, 400 lbs in the front ski locker, wakeplate all the way up, 10 mph, 2 peeps on the boat (90 lb girl taking the pic, 180 lb guy driving while standing on top of the ski locker door), about 30' of water.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Wow!!! Nice wake...

Do you know if a 50*24*24 will fit in the rear locker? It's the 1100 lbs model w719 by Flyhigh or should i stick with the 750 lbs. model?

Quote Originally Posted by LSV2006MTL View Post
    Wow!!! Nice wake...

Do you know if a 50*24*24 will fit in the rear locker? It's the 1100 lbs model w719 by Flyhigh or should i stick with the 750 lbs. model?
    I believe the 50x24x24 will fit but it will push against the divider panel between the engine and the rear locker so you may have to reinforce that.

As to 750 vs 1100, well, that depends. Do you have the stock GIII system? If so, you are looking at almost 20 minutes to fill an 1100lb sac (my stock system took 13:06 to fill the 750). Are you willing to wait 20 minutes? It will be even longer if you are also filling the front sac at the same time. I upgraded my ballast system so my 750 now fills in 6:00.

You can see from my pic that the LSV puts out a very surfable wave with plenty of length with just the 750+400 and two avg size people on board. Lots of people are running more ballast and plumbing in integrated bow sacs. I chose to learn how to surf with less because I don't want to wait that long and I don't want to give up my under bow seat storage. Now if you are a bigger guy, then the bigger wave will obviously help.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I believe the 50x24x24 will fit but it will push against the divider panel between the engine and the rear locker so you may have to reinforce that.

As to 750 vs 1100, well, that depends. Do you have the stock GIII system? If so, you are looking at almost 20 minutes to fill an 1100lb sac (my stock system took 13:06 to fill the 750). Are you willing to wait 20 minutes? It will be even longer if you are also filling the front sac at the same time. I upgraded my ballast system so my 750 now fills in 6:00.

You can see from my pic that the LSV puts out a very surfable wave with plenty of length with just the 750+400 and two avg size people on board. Lots of people are running more ballast and plumbing in integrated bow sacs. I chose to learn how to surf with less because I don't want to wait that long and I don't want to give up my under bow seat storage. Now if you are a bigger guy, then the bigger wave will obviously help.

Al
    I have 1100's in the rear of my XLV. I also got the Tsunami 1200 pump to assist in the filling that connects to the top of the bag.

Do i have to keep an eye on the ballast when it fills so that it dosen't burst or is there a valve to purge the overpressure?
    LSV 2006

I think the biggest thing you need is weight up front. With 2-3 of us, we run a 750 + whatever will fit in a 400 in the rear, middle full and a 400 in the bow (on the floor between the seats). Last couple weekends we've been getting a nice long, super clean wake.

Wake plate is really subjective, depending on the riders, wind, etc. Sometimes I change it for a better wake even when just swapping out one rider for another, or having someone in the very back seat as opposed to the transom.

With more people, I just use the 750 in the rear, middle full and 400 up front. My recommendation for the easiest to start from where you is to get a smaller sac for up front and pile all of your people in the back. I havent had good success using people up front. Weighting the front will increase the length of your pocket or sweet spot, making it easier to get longer runs.

It may be illegal, but if not, getting someone right on the transom makes a pretty big difference.

About all of us have been frustrated with the wake for one reason or another. You just have to have some good ballast available, people that are willing to move around for wake and time to perfect it.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV