Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Before I tore into the stereo, I turn the key on and heard the noise. It was only coming out of the tower speakers. I disconnected the tower and turned it on again. No noise. I checked all the connections and everything was tight. I also cleaned up the wiring behind my amp rack. When I hooked the tower amp back up, the noise was gone. I will see what happens when I hit the water again.

Last year, when I the system was perfect, I did have to remove my second battery from the boat. A Buddy of mine had a battery commit suicide while we were on the lake. I took mine out and gave it to him. When I got my battery back, and hooked everything back up, that is when I noticed the noise. Now we were on our last trip and that why I never noticed the noise until our first trip this year.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz, you get a chance to water test your fix? I am have a very similar problem with my setup. I added/changed amps this year, and replaced the boat speakers, and now I have the whine. Only when running. When the PP display first comes on it's a different whine, but goes away once it's online (like 5 seconds).

The noise is in all speakers, and increases as I turn up the gain on the amps. I need to replace the RCA's as currently they are 15 feet long each, and need to run the power straight from the battery, but was just seeing if you found a good fix.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

We are going to hit the water this weekend. So far the test I did worked. Cant really tell until I hit the water. I did move the wires around. I did have some of the RCA and Speaker wires around my power wires. In your case, I would check your ground wires from your amp. On my system, I removed the stereo ground from the harness and wired that and all the amps straight to the battery. I do believe by doing this, the noise you are speaking of will go away. I think that mine was feed back. Also, nothing to do with the noise, I removed the constant power wire, Yellow or Orange, from the harness and wired that to the positive side of the battery. That wire will keep all your setting on the radio. I hope this helps. I will post when I get back on Sunday night. I need to have this working for our big trip next week.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks Tazz. I've been meaning to try to yellow/orange power wire directly to the battery, but haven't done it yet. I guess I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't do my any harm if I cut that wire from going all the way to the dash, like the rest of them do from the factory harness.

I do need to swap out for new RCA's, but I'm hoping I can cure the noise relativly easy.

I'll report back also after this weekend!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Tazz, you get any good results from your fix?

I just got done putting in my dual battery system (blue sea), and have the constand power and ground running to the same battery as the amp. I still have a whine in the speakers. When the volume is at 0, there is no whine at all, and between CD tracks or switching sources on the headunit, there is no whine, but other than that it's there. It seems to be less than it was before, but it's still there.

You, or anyone else have any additional advice? I am planning to swap to new RCA cables as soon as I can land on some I like, but other than that, I'm not sure what other options I've got.

Thanks in advance guys!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.