Default Memorial Day Disaster

it didn't take long for disaster to strike on the water this weekend. on saturday afternoon a group of five decided to jump in the water before heading in for the day....while the engine was still running. unfortunatly, the throttle was still in gear. the boat circled the group a few times hitting three; another boat rescued the other two. last i heard, two of the three missing were found today...one was only 14 years old. you can find an article at http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12565605

please be safe on the water tomorrow!! Have a safe Memorial Day & Remember or Fallen Soliders!
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E

I cannot imagine the series of wrong decisions that lead to two dead, one still missing, and one in surgery.

Engine running. No life jackets. Everyone in the water. No one in control.

Stunning. Sure wish we could turn the clock back for that group.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Always sad when a fun day of boating turns tragic. I was at patoka lake in Indiana this weekend and leaving the marina we had to stop for a group of about 3-4 ambulances, fire trucks, etc. Once we finally got going we saw a pontoon boat had fallen off the trailer and was upside down smashed to bits. There apparently were people riding in the pontoon from the campground down to the ramp when this happened but I haven't found out for sure how many were injured and how badly.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

SAD very SAD
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about missing the long weekend.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i held my ground and DID NOT go out this holiday weekend (I've done it in the past and have since vowed to never ever go out on amature weekends)

two accidents on my home lake including one fatality involving a wakeboarder colliding with a tube and killing a 11 yr old boy... tragic

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/7031507.html

local news with some video of the location:
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=7471191

Unhappy

Very Sad. But yet very disturbing. I never leave the driver seat unless the engine is off. Plus, unless coming around for a wakeboarder, I always have the engine off when people are in the water. You just never know. Very Sad
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!