Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirror help

Default tower mirror arm

wanna sell your old arm. I need a tower mirror arm bad, but don't want to spend a bunch of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by eseebeck View Post
    wanna sell your old arm. I need a tower mirror arm bad, but don't want to spend a bunch of $$$
    http://www.avengerwakesports.com/wakeboardmirrors.html

They have some fairly inexpensive tower mirrors there, I'm thinking of ordering one from there myself.

I pretty much got the same mirror that you are looking to get. I don't really like it. We use to have the mirror that mounted to the tower but it didn't fit the new tower. I would be willing to trade.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Default Mirror..

I have 02 LSV - I use the CIPA comp Mirror w. the 2 articulating sides and a center immovable section.. I love that mirror. I currently have it mounted to the windshield above driver... clamps to frame..works great.. it is the same one as pictured in the AMAZON photo..
    I bought the mirror and the clamp together. the advantage of the articulating side mirrors is that you can see skiers and boarders in the flats w/o looking over your shoulder. I plan on mounting the mirror to the sampson mirror mount this year.. IMO its a great product.

if not going tower mount.. the clamp works well... is fairly solid, doesnt mar the finish and folds down when traveling..
    2002 MOBIUS LSV

My wife purchased the CIPA one from amazon for me for Fathers Day. I have an 08 outback and have no idea where to mount it. If I mount it on the drivers side, it seems like my kids will be bumping everytime they walk to the bow area. If I move it close to the driver side, won't that block my view? Do I mount it on the passenger side? Any advice or pics of where you mouted it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a first time boat owner and am obviously clueless about it. Thanks!

cachais-First off, Welcome. My brother has the CIPA/M2000 mirror. He has his straight up from the steering wheel. This is actually where my tower mount mirror ends up as well. Remember that you should be able to rotate/adjust the bracket around so that the mirror is actually above the windshield and not hanging below it, blocking your veiw. Hope this helps.

Also for everyone else, I resolve my issue some, so far. I move the mirror down on the tower. The clamp is below the cross bar instead of above it. I'll try it this way for a while and see how I like it. The water was really ruff this past weekend from tons of boat traffic so it shook alot again. I'll try again on a better day.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer