Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror help

Default Mirror help

I have been playing with 2 different mirror set ups and neither one I seem to like much. I had one that mounted on the windshield, but it was on the center walk-thru piece-This setup was on the boat when I bought it. It was also screwed into the frame. Was removed because the it put alot of stress on the frame and window had to be closed for it to be used.

I recently moved to a tower mounted mirror. Down falls are it shakes when the tower shakes, when the bimini is open that is all I can see, and the mirror has to be moved to put the tower down. I do like the looks though.

I am thinking of dumping that setup as well and going with this http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-M2000-Com.../dp/B0009PSA4O
    I have prior experience with this mirror and know it works well, just don't have one for my boat.

I have provided some pics of my current mirror, I might try to move it down once to see if there is any change (don't just see bimini top). Any other suggetions to see if this can work before I spend more cash.

2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I have something similar and it works well. I have to take mine off when I put the cover on as I have the mirror above the windshield so it doesn't block my view.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

That's mounted super high. Mine has an articulating arm, so when we are just driving I have it high like yours, then when we ski I adjust it down right about the windshield.
    2013 Outback V

Hoopskier - How is the CIPA M2000 model different from the mirror that came with your boat and which also mounts to the windshield? I have one I can send you. Here are some pics. Just not sure it is an improvement. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 05-30-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Right I was looking at what your considering, not sure how it is different than the stock one that came on Deerfields and my boat. Again though it is mounted on the windshield.

Deerfield, the one you pictured is the one I don't have. When I had purchased the boat the guy gave me a mount only. It was made for the mirror glass that I'm still using, the post style mount. It was screwed to the windshield frame, not clamped. It would still be in use but thought it would eventually ruin the windshield frame, and found it annoying that had to have the window closed to use. The guy told me it was from a mastercraft, no wonder it wasn't very good. I don't have a pic of it but maybe will have to get one to help explain it.

I''l try lowering mine to see if it helps any before I jump to something else.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    I''l try lowering mine to see if it helps any before I jump to something else.
    Hoop - Does this bracket work with your current mirror? If you decide to jump to something else will you need both this bracket as well as the mirror? - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I believe its mounted a bit high. Try mounting it just below the horizontal bar.

Check out samsonsports.com. They have an articulating tower mirror that may work for you. I am considering one myself.

I just bought the one from samson. I must say that the quality is incredible. I have yet to put it on the boat, but I will post when I do.