Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Any pump will work. The tsunamis are cheap and do a great job.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ya i used my new Tsunami pump last weekend for the first time.... WOW!! does that thing rock!!

I have a bow sac on the way from Newty and will be following this procedure to get it hooked in..

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I am going to add a auto ballast system in my supra comp this winter and a bow sac 400 lbs and a 750 in the rear. Im worried about 1-thing?? Are the vent line heights (where they exit the boat) that much of a big deal? I have heard if they aren't the right height they wont fill or drain properly. Something to worry over?? Jet

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Any pump will work. The tsunamis are cheap and do a great job.
    Pat are you using the 1200 or the 800?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Jet are you referring to the vented loops or the thru-hull fittings?
    The thru-hull needs to be higher than the highest point of the bag or the water will run out the hull, for example if your surfing and the boat is tipped over and the thru-hull is below the highest point of the bag full water will eventually leak out. What wake makers has suggested to remedy this problem is to run the vent from the right bag to the left side of the boat and the right to the left so when the boat is tipped over the water has to exit the high side of the boat. That only happens when the pump is on.

As far as the vented loops it only needs to be just a bit higher than the waterline so the loop can vent when filling is complete.

Make sense?

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Pat are you using the 1200 or the 800?
    I have 2 of the Rule 2000 pumps. They are called 2000 but I think they do about what a Tsunami 1200 does.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my bad, i though that was a tsunami in the pick.

joe
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'm going the impellar pump route and I plan on having a seperate pump for the IBS and the center locker. My ballast system will have 4 pumps (Johnson Ultra's) and will pump and drain through the intake valves. I plan on removing the stock intake and upgrading it to 1" and also adding a seperate 1" intake. Each intake will have a T-valve and will feed 2 pumps. I have most of the parts ready but am waiting on my GIII switch. I figure I'll have my LED install complete before I get this one done.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    I'm going the impellar pump route and I plan on having a seperate pump for the IBS and the center locker. My ballast system will have 4 pumps (Johnson Ultra's) and will pump and drain through the intake valves. I plan on removing the stock intake and upgrading it to 1" and also adding a seperate 1" intake. Each intake will have a T-valve and will feed 2 pumps. I have most of the parts ready but am waiting on my GIII switch. I figure I'll have my LED install complete before I get this one done.
    Sounds like a great setup to me. Have you thought about how you will drain both legs of the bow sac?

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Sounds like a great setup to me. Have you thought about how you will drain both legs of the bow sac?
    Howdy Brain,

After seeing 2007OutbackV's setup with the Simer pumps, I am thinking that the pump will be powerful enough to syphon the bag flat and it won't be an issue. (Valve check on the overflow lines).

The other way around it may be to use a "Y" fitting and split the fill line to both ends of the bag?

I think the worst case scenario would be that you would have to lift one of the bow cushions and raise the one end of the bag in the air to allow the water to properly drain.

I have to do this now on my locker bag in order to get it completely empty anyway and once it's converted over to the impeller system I am hoping that this process will go away.

Whadya think?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V