Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm late to the thread, but considering adding the IBS. One issue I have is when my locker bag is full, the locker lid doesn't close completely. I have to drain the sac a bit for it to close. How does this affect the front sac? I suppose you just wait until the IBS is filled, then hit the empty switch so the lid will close?

Also, how do you know when to stop filling the IBS? Do the front cushions pop up or do you have the timers set for the whole setup?
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Thanks - makes perfect sense now!
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Sorry way way late to this tread, but I am considering this upgrade. How much weight realistically do you think you are getting into the bow sac? Also for wake boarding did it make the a big difference. I can see how it would for surfing.

How much long to fill the system for a surf? Just curious as I am not to worried about time as the boat can sit at the dock and fill while we get ready!

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    Sorry way way late to this tread, but I am considering this upgrade. How much weight realistically do you think you are getting into the bow sac? Also for wake boarding did it make the a big difference. I can see how it would for surfing.

How much long to fill the system for a surf? Just curious as I am not to worried about time as the boat can sit at the dock and fill while we get ready!
    Definitely helps the surf wave but IMO the wakeboard wake is where it really shines. I have one pump per bag and the seats start popping up shortly after the ski locker door does. So I'd say right at 400 lbs is a good estimate.

Well that is very cool, and I am going to be doing this upgrade very soon.

This may sound like a dumb question but can I tee off a pump and sprinkler valve off the engine coolant intake? Our lake is very small and I am never filling ballast while underway. Normally I take the boat off of the lift and tie it to the dock and let it fill while we get ready.

I would do this rather than cut another hole in the boat. My idea would be to use the rule pump to fill the 750s in the rear and the 1200 tsunami to fill the ski locker and bow ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    Well that is very cool, and I am going to be doing this upgrade very soon.

This may sound like a dumb question but can I tee off a pump and sprinkler valve off the engine coolant intake? Our lake is very small and I am never filling ballast while underway. Normally I take the boat off of the lift and tie it to the dock and let it fill while we get ready.

I would do this rather than cut another hole in the boat. My idea would be to use the rule pump to fill the 750s in the rear and the 1200 tsunami to fill the ski locker and bow ballast.
    I wouldn't do it. A better solution would be to tee off the existing ballast intake and put your extra pump there. No additional holes and no putting your cooling system at risk.

thanks for the advice, I was just worried that the 3/4 thru hull wouldn't support all the filling at once

It may throttle things a little. It's an easy swap to a 1" thru hull if you don't mind replacing the inline valve.

Newty posted on replacing the elbow above the stock intake with a "T" and adding a second pump. I copied him and added a second Rule pump but also built a new manifold with 2 inlets and 3 outlets. The stock intake seems to handle it OK. With an Irritrol valve on the line going to my 750 surf bag it fills in 7.5 min. I see nothing at all wrong with just using a "T" and adding a pump. I did add a second shut off valve though for obvious safety reasons.

Pics show the stock elbow and then Newty's mod and my mod- good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i was away last night so I never got to see these pics. I think I can handle this. I just gotta get my hand on a rule pump and away we go. Thanks for all you help!