Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Pics updated as per a couple requests.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Howdy Brain,

After seeing 2007OutbackV's setup with the Simer pumps, I am thinking that the pump will be powerful enough to syphon the bag flat and it won't be an issue. (Valve check on the overflow lines).

The other way around it may be to use a "Y" fitting and split the fill line to both ends of the bag?

I think the worst case scenario would be that you would have to lift one of the bow cushions and raise the one end of the bag in the air to allow the water to properly drain.

I have to do this now on my locker bag in order to get it completely empty anyway and once it's converted over to the impeller system I am hoping that this process will go away.

Whadya think?
    One leg will work with the check valves. I ended up putting a 1 inch Y(not a t) and hooking into both legs.

The jabscos sucked every drop of water out after i installed the check vallves.

I think I am going to give this a shot in my 05 LSV, however my center bag doesn't have a top vent, it only has fill and drain holes at one end. My current plan to handle this is to insert a Y or T fitting on the current fill line that will branch off to the new IBS and center sacs. Any ideas on if this should still work?
    2005 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by guinsha54 View Post
    I think I am going to give this a shot in my 05 LSV, however my center bag doesn't have a top vent, it only has fill and drain holes at one end. My current plan to handle this is to insert a Y or T fitting on the current fill line that will branch off to the new IBS and center sacs. Any ideas on if this should still work?
    Use a Y fitting, it seems to split the water more evenly unless at absolute end of a run.

Add a vent to the center bag and tie in to the drain drain port.

Add a vent is easy .

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....highlight=vent
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Use a Y fitting, it seems to split the water more evenly unless at absolute end of a run.

Add a vent to the center bag and tie in to the drain drain port.

Add a vent is easy .

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....highlight=vent
    Thanks for the link on adding the vent, looks very simple.

Also just so I'm clear, use a Y fitting from the new vent/fill line from center sac to drain on each leg of the IBS and that eliminates the need for the additional through hull drain and pump all together?
    2005 Mobius LSV

sounds right, but i actually plumbed in two drain pumps in my set up,

LSVboombox i believe broke ground on this so i will defered to him, but that seems right.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by guinsha54 View Post
    Thanks for the link on adding the vent, looks very simple.

Also just so I'm clear, use a Y fitting from the new vent/fill line from center sac to drain on each leg of the IBS and that eliminates the need for the additional through hull drain and pump all together?
    I would split the line right at your current vent/thru hull. Then hook in one side to the center sac and one to the bow sac. I ended up installing a new vent for the ibs as its really and easy job

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    I would split the line right at your current vent/thru hull. Then hook in one side to the center sac and one to the bow sac. I ended up installing a new vent for the ibs as its really and easy job
    Not sure if we are on the same page... Are you talking about an actual vent line or drain?
    2005 Mobius LSV

i was talking about drain line, i think lsvboombox was talking about vent line...

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    i was talking about drain line, i think lsvboombox was talking about vent line...
    Thats what I thought, either way I am about to put my order in with wakemakers. The plan is to add a new outlet from the center sac and split it with a Y to each leg of the IBS, if it drains back into the center sac great, if not I will add some drain pumps.

I know Newty recommended specifically a spring check valve, but I assume the check valve wakemakers sells will work for this right?
    2005 Mobius LSV