Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Taking the little ones boarding

I usually start carrying my little ones when they're ~6 months old. Gabe has a heart condition that will require another surgery soon, so he can't get cold, and the water is still too cold before his surgery in July, so I don't think he'll get to go this year.

But, here some pics of me taking Naomi last weekend. She's not quite 2.5, and has been riding with me for almost 2 years now. Enjoy!

These are AWESOME pics! Tell Gabe all of us are thinking of him and to get well soon!

Your on Keowee right? GORGEOUS lake. I am sure you know this, but under Lake Keowee there is an old Cherokee Indian town. Very cool place. Wish it was my home lake!
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Love it. Nice water too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'd be worried about getting dumped somehow and freeking the kids out so much they would never want to go in again

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Funny, I'm reading this and saw just yesterday on my lake some guy with his kid standing on his board between his legs and he's cutting like your pic.

Way to go, get them in early

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    These are AWESOME pics! Tell Gabe all of us are thinking of him and to get well soon!

Your on Keowee right? GORGEOUS lake. I am sure you know this, but under Lake Keowee there is an old Cherokee Indian town. Very cool place. Wish it was my home lake!
    Thanks.

We spend 90% of our time on keowee, but this was actually on Jocassee. I know there's towns under Jocassee, but I didn't know that about Keowee... Interesting...

Yes, we lOVE these 2 lakes. So clean & clear!

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I'd be worried about getting dumped somehow and freeking the kids out so much they would never want to go in again
    I've thought about it, but worst that'll happen is they'll get wet, and I'm right there with them. If the kid were afraid of the water altogether, I wouldn't do it. They've got to be comfortable with the water first. Knock on wood, haven't fallen with one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Funny, I'm reading this and saw just yesterday on my lake some guy with his kid standing on his board between his legs and he's cutting like your pic.

Way to go, get them in early
    Thanks. When they get bigger I stand them on the board some. I'm limited by my bad lower back. I can only get up holding so much weight, and it's hard for them to hold on standing on the board, as they usually hate getting sprayed in the face...

Sled491 Guest

Yeah that's kind of typical

Awesome! Here is my 3yo (4 in July) Surfing with me this weekend on Texoma. Her first time to surf!