Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KICKER Marine ZXM-RLC Dual-Zone Remote Level Control

Well look here at what Kicker just released, i'll be trying one of these as soon as i can get it! A perfect way to address the fading of cabin and tower speakers. Dual-zone remote level control with 9v rms output to the amps. You can read more about it here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I am searching for a price and availability, but haven't found anything. I want one now, especially since I'm installing my towers this weekend.
    2013 Outback V

Ian they won't be out until next month and i haven't heard the price yet but i do know it's supposed to be very reasonable.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ian wait til you hear the towers they scream and sound great.....

Razz, this would have been nice to know a little while ago I could have held off on the ws 420 , i got my my bday, I have the best wife.....

Does it only intergrate with kicker amps, i see that bass control knob in there...
    Last edited by jmvotto; 05-28-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

Razz, this would have been nice to know a little while ago I could have held off on the ws 420 , i got my my bday, I have the best wife.....

Does it only intergrate with kicker amps, i see that bass control knob in there...
    Don't know about integration, but if you look at the pic you'll see the RJ cable as well as RCA outputs which seems to say it works with anything.

I've emailed Phil for more info, specifically about the single input.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

I'm pretty excited to get them hooked up. I have the BoardersMall cans, and I bought a Kicker ZX350.4 to power them, at 175w per speaker. I'm mounting them a bit differently than normal, I should have pics up tonight or tomorrow in a new thread.

It appears that the 'bass knob' is just the knob to control each zone. From the looks of it, you can use it with any amp, its just using the same technology as the 'bass knob' as a seperate unit to distribute the audio signal and control volume, without having to run RCA's all over.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Don't know about integration, but if you look at the pic you'll see the RJ cable as well as RCA outputs which seems to say it works with anything.

I've emailed Phil for more info, specifically about the single input.
    Unless Kicker changed some things with there RJ cable then it will only work with Kicker gear. I tried there RJ cables and volume box on my Exile stuff as an experiment and it doesn't work at all.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

This is not the same as their bass volume knob that connects directly to their amps - this is a line level controller, using the same remove to control volume. I'd bet that it will control anything with RCAs.
    2013 Outback V

Oh I will def be getting one of these good thing I know a friend where I can get these at acomidation prices

Guys-

This is a pretty simple piece, basically a dual-zone preamplifer.

The input side has differential line level RCA inputs, good for head unit voltage to about 4.5 - 5 volts. Then the outputs are line-level RCA, with up to 9 volts output, each controlled independently.

The RJ cables are just the control cables; there is no audio signal that goes out and back through the knobs. You mount the "brains box" right next to your amps, keeping your RCA cables as short as possible. The RJ cables only connect between the rotary volume controls and the pre-amp module, not to any amps directly.

All audio connections are via standard line-level RCA cables, so the ZXM-RLC will work with any head unit or amplifier brand out there. The device has up to 2x gain, so you can acutally turn stuff UP, as opposed to older simpler passive units, like the old Soundgate piece that used a passive 10K ganged stereo pot where you can only turn things down.

Stay tuned for better shippig info, and I will try to get some estimates for pricing out there soon, but know it is reasonable...

Phil
    Kicker