Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Those who had cushions move: did you do anything to block airflow through the bow? I use my XLV's pop-up bow seat to block most of it. I also tried using my bow cover once, but the nasty deformation that I saw in the mirror at modest speeds made me stop and remove it.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

I tow on the freeway all the time.

Don't sweat it. It's a non-issue.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I store the one behind the driver's seat in the rear locker. None of the rest of them can really move.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

towed at 75 for 3 years and no issues yet.
    as mentioned above, the truck and the windshield of the boat do a good job at keeping the air flowing around the boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    ok, my 03 lsv--the bench seat over the vdrive cover would start to float in mid air around 65mph-I could see it in the rear view mirror of my truck
    <snip>
    So yes the cushions can blow out
    I too have seen the V-drive seat floating in mid-air. I just slide that seat up into the walkway to the bow with the open side up (on it's side/face) and it stays put there. All of my other cushions have stayed in place fine.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default unreasonable fear of flying seats?

Nice thread revival!
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

somebody PWI....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

When I was buying my boat I had the cooler seat cushion fly out on the way back from the test drive. We were able to back track and find it but it tore up the corners pretty good. I then added velco to the bottom of that seat as well as the one behind the drivers seat to hold them down. I was driving one other time after that and I guess the cooler seat was not strapped down good because it was levitating in the middle of the boat at around 65-70 mph.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

This has become more of a problem now then it used to. With the new boats Mojo and Mondo and redo of the LSV the seats don't fit as tight.

Mojo rear seat is locked in by the grab handles, but all the other seats are loose and can come off easily.

The new Mondo with it's center rear removable seat is an easy candidate for flying seats.

I generally tow to my local water spots with no worry. Anytime I go longer distance or on the interstate I use my Evolution cover.

Shameless plug warning---this is why I got my evolution cover, so I can tow and bit worry about my interior. Also in OR rain can show up on short notice. Lastly I can put gear in the boat. and not worry about it
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

When I had my Outback, I used Velcro under my seats to hold them down for this reason. Granted, mine was an 02' and I'm sure the newer boats cushions are my plush and snug.

Velcro was an easy fix for me.