Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I tow mine around 90 miles to the lake and I've ran between 70mph and 80mph and haven't had a problem.
    2008 Outback V
    Gravity III ballast
    750 rear lockers
    Stock center

Default unreasonable fear of flying seats?

So it sounds like its happens at some frequency... Tow without a cover at your own risk. I still do but I'm afraid I'll lose one every time... Wish I had a travel cover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I will be buying a travel cover now. I lost the rear bench seat last night on the way home from lake martin. I've had it flip upside down before. It was dark on the way home so I didn't notice it until this morning. I hope I can get a new one before the week of the 4th. I have a bunch of family camping that week. I'm sure it will cost and arm and a leg.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Default Re: unreasonable fear of flying seats?

Check eBay or have it made..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I've had my Moomba for about 1.5 years now and always tow without a cover since I only have the original Moomba cover. I live in Tucson so the nearest lake is 150 miles away. I never had an issue until the my last trip when I was passing a slow prius at 70mph's and I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the back bench of the 07 LSV floating in the air and I had just made it past the crawling prius. Did I mention that this was on a two lane hwy. Pucker factor kicked in so I finished passing them and then pulled over when I could. They must of been think what a "pr**k". I did not want to buy a prius windshield. So last week I ordered a cover from Cory at Evolution Covers so I can pull the boat with a cover not worry about seats flying or damage to the gel coat. I pulled the boat to powell twice which is 500 miles each way with no problems.
    2007 Moomba LSV

I will order a cover at the end of the season. I will put all my seats in my truck or boat compartments. I called Atlanta Marine and they ordered a new seat for me. The cost was not as bad as I thought it would be ($302) the bad part is it will be 4-8 weeks for me to get it. It will take even longer if they keep getting boat orders so I may not even get it before the season is up.

So keep your seats secure. I tow and hour and 45 minutes each way every weekend since 2011 and I have not lost a seat until now. So it can happen if the circumstances are right
    Last edited by yz 2smoke; 06-16-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Just get some velcro.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Velcro on my last two boats, just in case I tow without the cover, its all about aerodynamics and a little luck
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am very nervous now since it takes so long to get a new one, not to mention the accident that I may have caused. I know I passed a pack of street bikes on the way home. I just hope it tumbled to the side of the road and didn't cause a wreck.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Default unreasonable fear of flying seats?

Just a question, did you use the snap straps on the underside of the bench?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)