Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Tower speaker covers

FYI - Alot of us have invested alot of money in our boat's stereo system so it makes sense to protect the expensive tower speakers. I just scored two pair of Speaker Sox for my Bullet HLCD speakers on ebay for $24.99 a pair with only $2 shipping. Sorry, I did the "buy it now" on the only two auctions but I'm sure there will be more. $24.99 is half price of the Speaker Sox compared to retail on their official website. Tower Socks makes a tower speaker and rack kit as well for a great price...$55 I think.

Sorry you had to kick for sox! XM7's come with a pair of zippered neoprene wetsox for free! They even have handles built into them so you can carry the speakers home easily. muahaha! Or if your like Mandely, you can leave the sox in your cubby and watch the rain beat down on your speakers for days on end. lol!

Ok, just giving you a hard time. Sox are a good thing for all tower speakers. protects bugs on the long drives and also the speaker enclosures for long term exposure. I highly recommend taking care of your investment

-Brian
    Exile Audio

For the life of me I don't see how people can stand to look outside and see rain, cold, dust, dirt, and bird poop degrade their speakers, muchless the amps in the boat as well. Glad my boat is always cozy and dry. I didn't mind paying for the sox since I was lucky to catch the 40% off sale on the Bullet HP's

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I didn't mind paying for the sox since I was lucky to catch the 40% off sale on the Bullet HP's
    AMEN..........I've been waiting for that sale again so I can score some!!
    Dave - hint hint hint

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Sorry you had to kick for sox! XM7's come with a pair of zippered neoprene wetsox for free! They even have handles built into them so you can carry the speakers home easily. muahaha! Or if your like Mandely, you can leave the sox in your cubby and watch the rain beat down on your speakers for days on end. lol!

Ok, just giving you a hard time. Sox are a good thing for all tower speakers. protects bugs on the long drives and also the speaker enclosures for long term exposure. I highly recommend taking care of your investment

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Since your calling me out here buddy, lets remind someone who owns a company that said" We got new improved ones comming in and when they do you can have some" Seeing how my zippers don't work on 2 of them it looks pretty dumb to have a 4 some and only 2 sox.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If I'm not using my XM7s I put the wetsoxs on, pull down the speakers and stow them away. Takes no time at all, no since and letting the sun beat on them. Also, I am tall, and tend to hit my head on them, and the speaker always wins

I don't understand how when towing bugs are going to be an issue on the actual speakers, and the metal cans should be designed to clean up.. for those that keep boats stored indoors, speaker sox seem kind of like a waste?
    now if you have a lift or store outdoors, I totally understand..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Viking,

Got a HollowPoint Promo going on right now. Just check the site. Will include the covers too. Take it to email if you don't mind.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't understand how when towing bugs are going to be an issue on the actual speakers, and the metal cans should be designed to clean up.. for those that keep boats stored indoors, speaker sox seem kind of like a waste?
    now if you have a lift or store outdoors, I totally understand..
    Come tow your boat were i live! By the time i get to the lake in the summer the forward facing section of the box is covered in nice big gooey bugs that take forever to remove, a cover is mandantory believe me!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Where do I purchase Exile components from? I like the look and features of the XM7's for towers.. the website doesn't seem to have a "dealer" link or a way to purchase on site.. where can I get some? Thanks