Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dumb Ballast Question

When upgrading the ballast bags do you need to re-program anything? I switched out the 400 pound rear bags with the 750's. When I went to fill the bags they only filled half way or so....Same thing with the center bag. Thanks for any help.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Sled491 Guest

09 has the timer on the pumps. You need to reprogram them. It's in your manual.

Default Bag upgrades

i want to upgrade the rear bags in my 08 xlv to 750 lbs. Can you tell me what model number you bought?
    2008 GG XLV: 6 kicker 6.5", 4 Infinity 8" tower speakers, 4 12' Kicker DVC, Hifonics and PPI amps

Quote Originally Posted by Dealio View Post
    i want to upgrade the rear bags in my 08 xlv to 750 lbs. Can you tell me what model number you bought?
    It's the 50x20x20 sac. For $10 more you can get the 1100lb sac

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    When upgrading the ballast bags do you need to re-program anything? I switched out the 400 pound rear bags with the 750's. When I went to fill the bags they only filled half way or so....Same thing with the center bag. Thanks for any help.
    There's a tricky little way of reprogramming the 09/10 ballast switches for larger bags. Your dealer should be able to help you out with that, especially if you bought the bags through him. Myself, I just toggle the switches again until the rear bags are full. Good luck
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I read the manual and it stated that I need to contact the dealer...I was just wondering if anybody has programmed the ballast system for larger bags themselves...If I cant get it figured out I'll have to toggle it.
    2009 Moomba XLV

09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I personally like the idea of having the set for 400 and toggling them, that way with your less progressive riders you can only fill to 400 then when you want bigger you just bump them up.

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mutau052 View Post
    I personally like the idea of having the set for 400 and toggling them, that way with your less progressive riders you can only fill to 400 then when you want bigger you just bump them up.
    Actually that's a pretty good idea

I may just toggle it for now. Truthfully the only reason I got the 750's was for surfing anyway. My skills at wakeboarding are nowhere good enough for 750's anyway.
    2009 Moomba XLV