Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

the beach itself makes a difference- some are softer than other's
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Question for those of you using the anchor buddy - anybody using it with the "box anchor"? I'm planning on purchasing the anchor based on Newty's recommendation as I need a new one anyway.
    Thanx!
    Just so happens i'm picking up a box anchor Saturday, i'm tired of not getting my anchors to set! Here's the deal on the box anchor, it uses a 2:1 scope at a 45 degree angle so if your in more then 25' of water the anchor buddy is not going to work with it. Slide Anchor also told me to use 3/8" rope as well. I can't speak for that. Newty what rope are you using on yours?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the input guys!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I never beach my boat. And when I have to get it close to the shore line. I walk it in.

Razz I think its 3/8".
    I don't use less unless its dock line and only when I'm in sight of it.
    I think its ridiculous that people tie up 40k+ boats with crap line. doesn't make any sense.

PWI as usual...

I use a Danforth anchor, five feet of chain, 100' of 3/8" nylon rope and an anchor buddy. The 100' of rope will usually cover the whole length from the anchor to the front and back of boat and to the shore. I'll put a bumper on the rope when I take off and when I return I do a U turn and pick up the rope next to the driver and then tie off.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sled491 Guest

I'm a firm believer in the Richter anchor. Have had a few of them now and think they are the bomb. about 70 bucks.

I think sand in the impellor is a non issue. My lift is in very shallow water. I churn up tonnes of sand every time I drive on and off my lift. After the first year I changed my impellor and you couldn't tell the difference between the old one and new one. Now I did go through 3 cooling hoses so I've added a strainer and have had zero issues since.

We just got to the inboard level. It is taking some getting use to. We don't take the boat anywhere near the shore. I was worried about messing up the prop, rudder or even breaking off the fins on the bottom. I am still trying to learn everything.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    We just got to the inboard level. It is taking some getting use to. We don't take the boat anywhere near the shore. I was worried about messing up the prop, rudder or even breaking off the fins on the bottom. I am still trying to learn everything.
    Kind of the best way to avoid damage, until you understand the limitations of the your

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    I'm a firm believer in the Richter anchor. Have had a few of them now and think they are the bomb. about 70 bucks.

Yes! I just picked one of these up a few weeks ago and I am very impressed. I got the 14lb one for my Outback and it hasn't let me down yet.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier