Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Only at places where I know the bottom is sand.
    That's the diff between west coaters and easterners, we don't have sand shorelines at any of the lakes we frequent! Just rocks! Here's a couple shots of our favorite lake when it dropped to 19% of capacity. We drove out to see for ourselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Razzman; 05-26-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I have a bungee rope on my ancher line.
    Yup, Anchor Buddy, i've used 'em for years now. Throw the anchor out, attach the bow and attach a shoreline to the stern. Pull the shoreline to bring in the boat, load and go. Works like a charm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

I do the same as Razz (hence our pictures being almost the exact same). It is sad to see people beach there boat. It you have a dark colored hull it is going to scratch like crazy. just back it in.

Razz does the anchor buddy work against waves/wind?
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

I use to beach my I/O and after I saw what it did to the hull, never again. The sand acts like sanpaper and completely scuffs the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrogge View Post
    Razz does the anchor buddy work against waves/wind?
    As long as your anchor sets good it works very well in all conditions. If the anchor doesn't then the bungees effect will drag the anchor.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Great and Interesting Comments and response!!! Thanks for the Input!!!

Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

Sled491 Guest

You know this whole scratches the bottom of your boat thing cracks me up. When I owned fast boats some in the 90+ range I worried about how smooth the bottom of my boat was, but with a tow boat why? You can't get to it to wax it you can't see it when it's in the water, you can't show it off to everyone, what's the big deal.

My boat sits on a lift all summer, gets put on its trailer and taken straight to my fiberglass guy for 2 coats of wax while the boat is lifted off the trailer every fall, and the 1st time I ride it back onto my lift in the spring you can see the marks again.

What about resale? The hull would be one of the first things I would look at. A scuffed/scratched hull = no sale.

Depends on the situation...I choose to enjoy my boat instead of keeping it like a Hot Rod...fact is, boat's deppreciate worse than anything else and to worry about little scratches in the hull is ridiculous. I'm finished worrying about the condition of my "baseball cards." Time to have fun with them! In fact, I just sold my old Tige last week and the buyer said "oh, I see you never beached the boat!" Not exactly: I always beached the damn thing...I just knew how to maintain the boat to keep it looking sweet. Nothing is permanent...
    Last edited by rmckenney; 05-27-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    Ryan & Gemma
    2008 Moomba XLV Gravity Games Edition

Same here. I have more of a problem with sun tan lotion staining the seats than with some scratches. Wear and tear will come whether its the owners or guests mistakes or Bubba's fishing boat banging against the hull. Another difference is I buy old and sell older so having the engine start when I sell is a real selling point not the scratches on the hull.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD