Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I might have to invest in an anchor buddy myself. Queston - where are you guys buying your bouy for for the bow side??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I might have to invest in an anchor buddy myself. Queston - where are you guys buying your bouy for for the bow side??
    i got mine from here - he's local to my area and know him, so i like to support the local folks ...

http://sandspike.com/customLines.shtml#buoys

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I bought mine at the local dealer as it was reasonably priced.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Never have, never would.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIC151 View Post
    I don't beach mine unless I am at Ouachita and on then on a submerged tire. The rocks are pretty rough on the hull so thats why I run it up on a tire. Anchor the back and tie off the front to a tree. Now, if we are out at the islands, I anchor up away from the shore. The bottom drops away so fast that debris is not an issue. Hydrilla on the other hand, is a pain. Have to kill the boat and swim under to get it all off the prop.
    Ouachita? Thats where I call home but wouldn't even consider beaching because all the areas i go to are rock. On the old aliminum deck boat we beached on islands all the time. I just cant see myself doing it with the new boat. Will likely use the same technique as Razz and the rest.

Like you said, though, there is no walking to the boat. Our depths go from 3 ft to 30ft in 1 or 2 steps.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I bought my buoy at the local dealer also, when we had one.

It is silly to think you would beach your boat just because other wear and tear happens. So you would not prevent the other damage if it was possible by an easy fix. That seems silly to me. Plus, it is easier for everyone to get in and out of the back of a boat.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrogge View Post
    it is easier for everyone to get in and out of the back of a boat.
    Exactly what i think when i see my beached buddy and his tribe trying to climb over the bow as we just climb onto the platform.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sorry guy's,guess I'm not a purest.Beach mine all the time.I did put a Keel Guard on it which saves a-lot of wear and tear.There are a few minor scratches on the bottom of the hull but I really don't care about resale...I'm keeping my Moomba forever!
    jy

Question for those of you using the anchor buddy - anybody using it with the "box anchor"? I'm planning on purchasing the anchor based on Newty's recommendation as I need a new one anyway.
    Thanx!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Viking you'll love it! They are a little spendy but worth every penny. As far as the anchor buddy, as long is there is no major current or high winds they work great.

I Beach now and then on beaches I know to be safe. In my opinion sand on the bunks of the trailer from launch ramps, does far more damage than beaching in soft sand. I didn't beach my first year and the keel still had light scratches. Now when I say beaching I mean I get out of the boat before we get to the beach and pull the boat up by hand, not under power.
    I see guys powering up so the boat won't drift and it makes me cringe.
    Last edited by newty; 05-28-2010 at 03:13 AM.

PWI as usual...