Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

Right guys, if some one on a resale is looking at some scuffs on you keel your gonna have a tough time with that buyer anyways. Now Gouges and deep scrapes above the chime line I would have a problem with, but guess what, those can be repaired easily and don't cost that much to repair.

You guys are too funny with the scuff mark discussion. I think the junk in the impeller argument is enough for me to keep my boat off the beach. I have beached it several times during the few and far between times that we found a sandy beach. We dropped anchor and tied from the back of the boat to the anchor so the back would not swing around then had someone wade to the shore to tie off on a rock and pulled her to the shore (engine off). When it came time to leave, we pushed off and paddled to a safe area, then cranked and left.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Default Beaching

I started out like everyone else and tied off in the water until it started to become a PITA. I bought a KeelGuard/Keel Shield both basically the same thing and put it on my 06 OBV. Since then I rarely tie off and have not experienced any problems as far as hull damage is concerned. I beach on sand, sand/mud mostly. I will say being on the Cumberland River can be a bitch. On average I have seen the depth vary as much as a 6" to a foot in an hour which makes it especially hard trying to unstick the 2 skags from the mud. Just have to pay a little more attention is all.

I beach the boat. The sand here is nice and soft. The scratches are so fine you could buff them out if you wanted to.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Keelguard Question

OBV6, do you lose any top speed at all with KeelGuard? Any loss in performance? If not, I just might install that on my boat.
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)

Great Responses!!!! Thanks for Weighing in!! I'll order a Anchor Buddy!

Peace
    Darren
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

I don't beach mine unless I am at Ouachita and on then on a submerged tire. The rocks are pretty rough on the hull so thats why I run it up on a tire. Anchor the back and tie off the front to a tree. Now, if we are out at the islands, I anchor up away from the shore. The bottom drops away so fast that debris is not an issue. Hydrilla on the other hand, is a pain. Have to kill the boat and swim under to get it all off the prop.

I made my own Anchor Buddy and have been using it for about 14 years. All it consists of is about 8' of large bungie cord and end connectors.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

all about the Anchor Buddy ..... a few pics of how we beach ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

+1 for the Anchor Buddie!