Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Beaching an Inboard

I just traded from an outboard Deckboat that we put a bizillion hours on to a 2009 Outback. Once or twice a Summer we get all the extended family out to a Public Park on West point Lake in GA, that has a Beach that we always pulled the old deck boat up on to trade out passengers. Do any of you beach your boats occasionally, if you check the bottom for rocks and stumps, and make sure she's not running when it's close, etc..?????

Thanks for considering!!!

Darren

I don't. Not a chance. I'm sure you will have a few that do, but I'd be willing to bet for the most part, most will say NO WAY!

Not unless you want to risk bottom damage or sucking debris into the impeller. I've never beached a boat and never will for those reason besides the fact that it wears the hell out of the gelcoat. I anchor stern to shore at least ten feet out and walk the boat in to a safe depth of no less than three feet for passengers to load. They wanna go, they get wet. Or i'll pick them up at a dock.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I am the same as Razz on this one. I have a bungee rope on my ancher line. I tie a rope on the stern and tie this to a tree on shore then pull the boat in when we are loading up and let her float out in deep water when we are on the beach chillin.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I'll have to agree..I keep a second anchor to tie down the rear of the boat when I want to park it next to the shore. Just not worth damaging it to me.
    2006 Mobius XLV

I haven't beached my boat regularly, but I do dock it in a very shallow boat slip. To avoid any risk to the impeller I'd just shut it off and walk it into the beach. When you are ready to go walk it back out. Right?
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I haven't beached my boat regularly, but I do dock it in a very shallow boat slip. To avoid any risk to the impeller I'd just shut it off and walk it into the beach. When you are ready to go walk it back out. Right?
    I've done that! I do it so long as everyone is out of the boat while beached. I don't want the boat rocking back and forth while at shore. Otherwise I tether it a few feet out as indicated.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I beach when letting people out but I catch the boat first and walk it in and sometimes I beach a boat when there are no waves, rocks, wind or boats. I turn the boat around to get the sounds and when there is wave action. Some places you have no choice as the back of the boat may be eight feet deep.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I have beached all of my boats. Only at places where I know the bottom is sand. My first boat was beached at least twice per day (to get or put away the truck during launch/retrieval) with no ill effects. Always slowly and then I used forward throttle to "dig a hole" for the prop.
    This does put a lot of debris into the water, so you must check your impeller often (though I never had an issue with that either).
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    The back of the boat may be eight feet deep.
    Then they swim!
    2007 Mobius LSV