Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Allright RobertJ- time's up -- where's the evidence?????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane, I will post pictures before the week is out. I picked the new trailer up Friday and then we left town for the weekend (without the boat).

We had a great memorial day and we were able to help fill one of my Father-in-laws goals to go up in a glider. He was a B-52 Navigator in the late 60's and flew single engine planes when he was younger but has never been in a glider. We sent him and my 11 year old daughter up and they had a blast. My youngest son was pretty bummed that his sister got to go and not him but after about 5 minutes of pouting he changed his tune and later (to his suprise) we rewarded his good behavior by sending him and his older brother up. Boy did they have a blast and did a lot of wing-overs and other turn your stomach manuvers. Oldest boy got a little green and they cut the ride short.

Back to the trailer, man I am going to love the TA. I was okay with the SA but mostly because that is what I had but the benefits of the TA are huge. Like I said before our closest trip is 80 miles round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    my local lake is 20 miles away but once a year we travel 7 hours down south to cumberland and get a house boat would you guys be concerned with a single axle trailer this far. of course i'll make sure psi is correct and tire is in good shape.
    There is no issue with the SA trailers in towing. I wouldn't worry about the distance. SC wouldn't allow the boats on a SA if it wasn't safe. You do need to check the trailer and tires a little more. You also need to be more mindful of the road conditions and debris.

The biggest reason for the TA trailer is ease of hauling over longer distances. 4 tires makes it a lot safer on the highway if you lose a tire. SA trailers, this is the only real disadvantage, other then with a TA you can load the boat up with a lot of gear and not be over the axle weight.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Make sure you have a spare and check the psi in the spare too. Also make sure you have a way to lift the trailer and a wrench that fits your lug nuts. When I tow any distance I check the truck spare and the trailer spare and pack my small floor jack and spinner wrench. If I'm by the side of the highway it's going to be for about 3 min. and I'll be moving again.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    There is no issue with the SA trailers in towing. I wouldn't worry about the distance. SC wouldn't allow the boats on a SA if it wasn't safe. You do need to check the trailer and tires a little more. You also need to be more mindful of the road conditions and debris.

The biggest reason for the TA trailer is ease of hauling over longer distances. 4 tires makes it a lot safer on the highway if you lose a tire. SA trailers, this is the only real disadvantage, other then with a TA you can load the boat up with a lot of gear and not be over the axle weight.
    i just spoke to a dealer in ohio and asked about a t.a. trailer and he told me the same thing they are rated to hold the weight and he'd have no problem taking a single axle that far either. since its just once a year i'll take my chances.

and yeah kane not a lot of good a spare does with a jack but its something i've yet to take with me so thanks for the heads up there too!
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    and yeah kane not a lot of good a spare does with a jack but its something i've yet to take with me so thanks for the heads up there too!
    The more we hang around here the smarter we get. I don't know if the wife is buying that one but less time by the side of the road or under the engine cover means more time on the water, right?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cool

Hey Robert where are the pics? I live down the street from you and I havent even seen the new trailer yet.

KT, your killin' me . You can tell by the dirt patch I am calling a front yard that I have been busy. I am trying to get the yard done so I don't bring the neighborhood down.

I am hoping to get the boat out to detail it out this weekend and I will snap a picture.

Where did you go on Saturday?

We went up to Portland to see the Navy ships, however the water was horrible. There were huge logs (boat killers) and debris in the water. I thought for sure I was going ding my gel coat, but I made it out without any dings. Well take your time on the pics, I will take the 15 second walk and check it out.