Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Major Upgrade for the Year Tandem Trailer

Well, my upgrade this year is not very flashy but it really is the only thing that I had a concern about with my '07 LSV. I love the boat but have always had a little fear (not major, just back of mind stuff) of my S.A. trailer. The closest place that we go is about 40 mile one way and we do some 200 plus mile tips as well. We also pile lots of stuff in the boat so the S.A.'s capacity was an issue as well. To my luck I was able to make a deal with my dealer for a trailer off an '07 LSV that is the same color as my S.A. The new trailer is an '06.

On a side note the new trailer is outfitted with Reliable brand running gear (axles, brakes, and actuator) instead of UFP. It seams that Boatmate has used Reliable once in awhile. I would be interested in feedback on the Reliable running gear.

I pick up the new trailer on Friday. Now if I can get the Stretch55 diamond plate kit.

Nice Robert, i bet it will look a lot sharper with the tandem axle. Cant wait to see some before and after pics.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Logging that many miles loaded down I don't blame you one bit.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I did the same upgrade when I bought mine. I feel its worth it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Robert, Sounds like a nice upgrade. You know it is not official until we see pictures .
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Let him get it home already.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

my local lake is 20 miles away but once a year we travel 7 hours down south to cumberland and get a house boat would you guys be concerned with a single axle trailer this far. of course i'll make sure psi is correct and tire is in good shape.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

I contacted my dealer regarding a tandem axle trailer and he basically told me good luck or $5,000 dollars for a new one. He also told me that he would not take a trade for my single axle.

I think the LSV boat is too heavy for a single axle trailer. It's just not safe. My axle broke last summer and I had a tire blow out last week.

I want a tandem. Please let me know if you guys have info on how to get one at a reasonable price. Preferably used.

I recently bought an 09 OB V with tanden axle trailer. I love it. We don't tow very far but i feel secured with this set up. My previous boat had a single axle and a spare and had no problem with it though. Given a choice now, i would go with a tandem. Good Luck!

We got quoted $5000-$6500 for a new tandem trailer.

I would post up on the Nautique, Bu, and MC boards. A big group of them leave on the hoist all year and don't want to store their trailer.

We tow to Cumberland/Norris once a year and I would just really have my dealer go over the trailer beforehand. I have them check the bearings and grease everything up beforehand. Really only thing is I wouldn't do a long haul if my tow rig wasn't much bigger. If it's even close to the tail wagging the dog then I wouldn't risk the control factor if a blowout. Our SUV is close to this, so I have my buddy pull my boat down with his HD pickup. I have a tandem but feel much safer.