Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Irritrol 700 valve

I am at an irrigation supply place to buy an Irritrol 700 3/4" valve and it only comes with a 24V solenoid. Do I replace this with the solenoid from the stock Orbit valve?

Also, what does the On/Off lever on the valve do? Is it just like the little black lever on the Orbits and manually opens the valve?
    Thx.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

The on/off should just turn it on if you do not have the solenoid powered. I do not know if the 12V solenoid from the Orbit will fit or not. I would think it would but do not know.
    Last edited by jester; 05-25-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

the stock solenoids are 24volt, so they should work
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Al,

The on/off should just turn it on if you do not have the solenoid powered. I do not know if the 12V solenoid from the Orbit will fit or not. I would think it would but do not know.
    jester,

The valve is normally closed and opens when energized. I think the lever keeps it open all the time like the little lever on the stock Orbits.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    the stock solenoids are 24volt, so they should work
    Really? I'll check it out when I get home. So the 24V solenoids works with 12V as well as 24V?

The irrigation place called Irritrol while I was there and they gave him a # of a third party who sells 12V solenoids for the Irritrols.

I think I'll call Irritrol and ask if there are any operating issues with running 12V to their 24V solenoids.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Daze is absolutely right. I've seen the replacements for the stock ones at HD and they say 24v on them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I installed one of these last week, and have only used it once... but the only way I could get it to work was to have the lever set to "on". When it was off, I couldn't get it to fill. I was afraid leaving it on would leave it open all of the time, but it seems like this valve works differently than the Orbit. I ran at planing speed for quite a while, and the bag never filled when the ballast switch wasn't set to fill.

It was a big upgrade over the Orbit valves that I had, especially on my 750#bag.

Oh, and I just used the same solenoid that I was using with the Orbits.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

The 24v Irritrols are what I have in my boat as well. I filled the 565lb sac in 8min 15 sec when I saw water come out the overflow. Cheap upgrade from the Orbit valves and took a whole 20 min.

Okay, so I contacted the third party that Irritrol suggested who sells 12V solenoids for their valves. That guy told me that the 24VAC solenoid that come with the Irritrol operates exactly the same way on 12VDC so it's fine to use on 12VDC systems like our boats have. Whatever, I'm no electrical engineer, but sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I installed one of these last week, and have only used it once... but the only way I could get it to work was to have the lever set to "on". When it was off, I couldn't get it to fill. I was afraid leaving it on would leave it open all of the time, but it seems like this valve works differently than the Orbit. I ran at planing speed for quite a while, and the bag never filled when the ballast switch wasn't set to fill.

It was a big upgrade over the Orbit valves that I had, especially on my 750#bag.

Oh, and I just used the same solenoid that I was using with the Orbits.
    csm,

Glad to hear the Irritrol is a big upgrade over the Orbits. I am going to go that route instead of the vented loop for the front bag.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    The 24v Irritrols are what I have in my boat as well. I filled the 565lb sac in 8min 15 sec when I saw water come out the overflow. Cheap upgrade from the Orbit valves and took a whole 20 min.
    Is that with just one bag filling? What's ur ballast system set up?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Is that with just one bag filling? What's ur ballast system set up?
    Just filling one bag. It's the factory GGIII system (200 with just the one Rule pump. I never have to fill more than one bag at a time.