Thread: Fuel pump

Default Fuel pump

99 outback pumpm pn152875.

Anyone know if the Carter P4070 will work in place of the 152875?

Thanks.

Not sure about the part number that you have there. That appears to be an automotive fuel pump. The part number that I have (I have not replaced one yet, but got the part number from another member) is Carter 180-P4389. It is described as a marine fuel pump.

Be sure to check yours against this one though. I have not bought one yet.

Here is one from a quick search, let us know where to find one cheaper!!!
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4389/

Last edited by JesseC; 05-25-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBoy View Post
    99 outback pumpm pn152875.

Anyone know if the Carter P4070 will work in place of the 152875?

Thanks.
    I had to replace mine two years ago ('99 Outback PCM 5.7L 350). This is what I replaced it with:

http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080018

99 outback pump pn 152875

I found the exact Carter pump I needed at Napa (Auto Parts) for $80.95. It has the same part number and is packaged the same as the Skidim model. I put it on and the boat's performance was much better. The old one had been failing for about a year. It is an auto pump and was used for a few years on some Camaro models.

I vent the cowling in the hotter part of summer and have not had any vapor lock issues since then. I remove the bilge cover on the floor for extra air flow, and sometime raise the cowling an inch or so to let more air in. I also lift the cowling and let the engine compartment cool off between runs.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBoy View Post
    99 outback pump pn 152875

I found the exact Carter pump I needed at Napa (Auto Parts) for $80.95. It has the same part number and is packaged the same as the Skidim model. I put it on and the boat's performance was much better. The old one had been failing for about a year. It is an auto pump and was used for a few years on some Camaro models.

I vent the cowling in the hotter part of summer and have not had any vapor lock issues since then. I remove the bilge cover on the floor for extra air flow, and sometime raise the cowling an inch or so to let more air in. I also lift the cowling and let the engine compartment cool off between runs.

Thanks for the reply.

I just ordered a new one from Summit Racing. Carter P4389 Marine Series. It was $117 with shipping.
    Make sure the one you bought is MARINE APPROVED otherwise your asking for problems.....
    I alo bought some Thermo heat tape and wrapped the fuel lines with it to help prevent vapor lock.
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL