Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pre First Time Out

Just wanted to see if anyone, who keeps their boat indoors over the winter, uses a fuel additive on their first trip to the water. My boat has been sitting for a while. I want to take it out, but the weather is crappy here. Winds have been crazy and it was 51 degrees Yesterday. The reason I was asking is because, when I winterized the boat, I did not use Stabile in the gas. I hope I do not run into problems.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Throw in some octane booster, and if you didn't top off the gas add some high octane stuff.

If you have a fake o lake, see if it'll turn over at home and let it idle a bit. Charge those batteries too

I'd probably run an additive like Iso Heet to help with any moisture in the tank. Some stabil can't hurt either, but not sure how much it will help with gas that has already set for awhile.

I'd probably run a good quality octane booster that really does work(do some research, some raise your octane less than 1 point. several of the hot rod mags have done actual research on this) and like mentioned, heet to absorb the water, other than that, go for it and if it was me, I'd go on a day when the ramp is not crowded just in case you run into problems. don't want to be "that guy"
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Personally i would dump the gas and refill with fresh. I made tha same mistake on my last boat once and never again. I added a booster and the boat ran crap until it was gone. I put the LSV in this weekend and even with stabil there was a very slight hesitation a few times.
    2007 Mobius LSV

How long "is a while"? Maybe add some B-12 to the fuel to help with the moisture than may have been absorbed.

Im with the Octane Booster as well, i used to let my cars sit for months and never had an issue with octane booster. It might not run as great untill you get fresh fuel but run it to 1/2 a tank then put supreme in it and it should be good to go.

I had Sabil in mine and ive only gone threw half a tank and i swear it runs sluggish, seems like my hole shots are off.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well I keep the boat in the Garage at the house. I think The boat is bone dry. I want to fill with a high octane gas as well. Any Octane Booster you recommend?

Tazz

Hey Razz
    Don Pedro is coming up in June for us. We will be there from June 20th to the 25th. I need to see what site I will be in and let you know if you are in the neighborhood.

Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Mine sat in my home garage for 7 months. I can't remember if I put Stabil in it or not last fall? I must be getting old.

I ran it with fake-a-lake at home to make sure all was well about 2 weeks ago and finally got to put it in water yesterday. I did top off the tank with premium though as mentioned. Everything worked great!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Hey Razz
    Don Pedro is coming up in June for us. We will be there from June 20th to the 25th. I need to see what site I will be in and let you know if you are in the neighborhood.

Tazz
    Let me know. We'll be at Bullards Bar June 9-13th, not sure what's going on yet the following weekend.
    2007 Mobius LSV