Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!!!!

Standard ground shipping via Fed Ex would be no more than $15.00. To send one next day air runs $45 to $50.00.

Keep in mind as well, we are the only factory that does repairs in house.
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote Originally Posted by ejojprop View Post
    Standard ground shipping via Fed Ex would be no more than $15.00. To send one next day air runs $45 to $50.00.

Mine is already on the way to you Eric. Work your magic

Ed FYI, WI to TN (OJ Props) was 13.44 standard ground UPS. Not too bad for an 11+ lb package.

Eric,

About how many days does it take once the prop hits your loading dock?

Outback, That does suck. But on the plus side it was only the prop and not the shaft with it.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

[QUOTE=jester;99920]Eric,

About how many days does it take once the prop hits your loading dock?

No more than two days in the shop. Most go out the same day.
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

The cost for a typical repair we do runs from $70.00 to $150.00. Most fall between $80.00 and $100.00. The $260.00 for a repair is very high. We do all repairs in house and will not attempt a prop we feel cannot be repaired to original specs.

Both the CNC machined props and hand finished props are cast and can be repaired the same.
    Thanks Eric for clearing this up! I have never paid more than 90 dollars to repair a prop and one was a stainless steel prop that was missing part of the blade. But I must also say living in a town that has one of the largest fishing fleet in the Gulf of Mexico probably doesn't hurt. Actually when I last took my MC prop to "Marine Wheels" I was a little embarrassed because my prop was sooooo little compared to that others lying around. When you see a Ford F-350 sagging in the rear because a pair of props are lying in the bed then you can understand what I mean.

The cost for a typical repair we do runs from $70.00 to $150.00. Most fall between $80.00 and $100.00. The $260.00 for a repair is very high. We do all repairs in house and will not attempt a prop we feel cannot be repaired to original specs.

Both the CNC machined props and hand finished props are cast and can be repaired the same.
    Like I said.........I'd go direct!
    thanks Eric. I learned the hard way like alot of other

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I think that is a huge + for OJ.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

OJ received my prop yesterday and it can be fixed!!! They are also going to try and fix the growl/vibration that the prop had before I smacked her. $95 plus shipping to fix both things, not too bad. Plus the prop should head out the door today, now that's a good turn around time . I'll let you all know how she turns when I get her back.

Awesome! I had a prop that had a very very very small nick compared to yours and the local shop (if you want to call 3 hrs away local) charged me $180 after they quoted me no more than $150 to fix. Needless to say I won't be doing any business with them anymore. Not to mention it took 4 months to get it back and they misplaced it more than once!

Did I say it was a small nick you could barely notice My arse still hurts from getting bent over!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    My arse still hurts from getting bent over!
    Moral of the story? Don't bend over!
    2007 Mobius LSV