Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time out!

Default Cold first outing

I finally got out yesterday for the first water outing! 62 degrees and water temp 57 degrees. Needless to say I did not take a pull behind the boat

But I got out

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by rmckenney View Post
    I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that I'm amazed there are no required courses for boat owners to learn basic boat handling.
    I don't think you're going to offend anyone. Most of us have gone out and practiced with our different boats over the years. We want to be safe and courteous. Knowing how to drive your boat helps accomplish both. Thanks for posting tips.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wish there was a course I could take in the evenings or on the weekends. That would make it easier. If any body that has logged a lot of hours in an inboard is passing through by Table Rock Lake let me know I would trade some free pulls for some free driving lessons.

We may look like high rollers in our inboard boats but the outboards don't know how good they have it as far as control goes.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    We may look like high rollers in our inboard boats but the outboards don't know how good they have it as far as control goes.
    Which makes it even more impressive when an inboard manuvers near as well as an outboard. It can be done.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    I wish there was a course I could take in the evenings or on the weekends. That would make it easier. If any body that has logged a lot of hours in an inboard is passing through by Table Rock Lake let me know I would trade some free pulls for some free driving lessons.
    Bringing the family up to Big Cedar in June to experience some Table Rock Lake!! It will be our fist time on the lake so might have to get some pointers. We also got our baby ('08 Outback V) out for the first time this year!! No better way to spend it. Makes you proud when despite the 68 degree water your 7 year old jumps right in and starts turning heads wakeboarding!!

I've logged several hours but not sure I'm your man for lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Which makes it even more impressive when an inboard manuvers near as well as an outboard. It can be done.
    I always enjoy the looks i get as the entire dock is full of boats waiting on there truck drivers, i come headed in at a 45 angle and then turn it sharp and hit the reverse gently swinging up just the swim deck, Claudia hopes on and off we go.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Weekend Kicker you will love Big Cedar Lodge it is really nice. My boat is 15 min boat ride from Big Cedar. I hope it is not windy because the lake gets rough but there are a lot of coves with big hills to block the wind. One of the best is just past Indian Point where my boat is, it is a long cove with good wind protection. The lake can get busy but if you go left out of Big Cedar and go under the bridge it gets pretty quiet down there a little ways.

mmandley I hope to be able to do just that with more practice.