Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for 1st Moomba

Hi All, I am looking for my first moomba, I would like an outback V or mobius LSV. I will be going the used route to save some money. I live in Minnesota and am having a very hard time finding anything close for me to look at. Do you have any tips or is do I need to drive several hours to look at used boats? Thanks for your time and Help!

Andy

You wait for the right one to come up and then you go get it, wherever it is.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

In the land of 10,000 lakes and you can't find a used boat dealer anywhere close?? What's up with that?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

It's been boating season in the south so I'm sure you guys up north are starting to get out regularly so the used boat market should still be good up there. Down here most of the real good used boat deals are done but patience goes along way. Just gotta be ready to pull the trigger though. I had a friend of mine procrastinate on a great deal on a clean Malibu. When he got there for an appointment for a test drive, the boat had a deposit 15 min before he got there.

Default minnesota

I live in Saint Paul, I have seen some on Craigslist. I bought mine new from Forest Lake Motorsports, I dealt with Blake Dalbec. He was fantastic and the dealership treated me great, he would be a great guy to talk too. Good luck!

If you're serious and hot to go, follow onlyinboards, boats.com, ebay, craiglook, this site and any others you can think of. Have down payment money in cash on you and a full tank of gas. When the beauty comes up within your range (700 miles or so) be ready to move. That's what it takes to go get the great deal. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I might know someone who might be selling soon, a family member. He had his boat listed once, then decided to keep it, and now maybe selling again. If your interested, I'll put you in contact with him. The down fall of his boat is, its not a vdrive that you are looking for.

2004 Moomba Mobius Ls
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Someone posted an 03' Mobius LSV on Craigslist here in Minneapolis yesterday. Check it out.

If you are interested in a direct drive - I'm going to sell mine soon.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I agree with JeffandKaren, Forest Lake Motorsports and Blake were great to work with when we purchased our LSV.