Hybrid View

Default Polk 651 or 651s??

Thanks to some advice from a few of you and another thread, going to replace my basic stereo in my 01 LS. Good to know if I replace the Kenwood tape player with a Kenwood deck I won't need a new wiring harness. Any specific model recommendations?

Also, going to buy 4 of the polk 651 speakers to replace the crappy ones that came with it. Do I need hte 651 or the 651s (slim fit)? Any help appreciated.

Do I need any special tools to take out the old speakers and install the new ones?

Readily admit I am not into big sound and just want a better basic make-up.

I'm not 100% as I don't know how much room is behind the bow speakers of the 01 LS (maybe someone can speak up) but I don't think you need the slims? The only problem place I can see is up in the bow. There is more than enough room for the rest of the cockpits.

I have an outback 07 and there was plenty of room for the regulars all the way around!

It's a great upgrade and you won't be dissappointed

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Thanks Viking. What I needed to hear. My ls nearly perfect and the kids are not ready for a big wake yet so this will tide me over a couple more years maybe until I just have to get that 2012 lsv or xlv!!! Unless of course I find a killer deal before then.

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    Thanks Viking. What I needed to hear. My ls nearly perfect and the kids are not ready for a big wake yet so this will tide me over a couple more years maybe until I just have to get that 2012 lsv or xlv!!! Unless of course I find a killer deal before then.
    Me too............been eye'ing the LSV's and XLV's but just doesn't make sense right now with my young kids either. Give it 4 or 5 years and then I'm in for a new boat

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have these in my 02' Outback:
    http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-6-5...4587501&sr=8-2

I like them a lot.

I just got done installing the last par of the 651 marine Polk's, they sound and look great. Found them on ebay for $54+ free shipping.