Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A couple a questions?

Well I got the boat out the other day and made the first lake run of the season to make sure everything was good. Thankfully I took my portable jumper since my battery decided it will no longer hold a charge. On to the questions, do any of ya'll use the optima gel cell battery? I was thinking of getting one to replace the original and wondered if the performance is worth the price. I need to install my battery switch that I bought and I'm kinda leary of spending 200+ dollars on batteries.

The next question is my son likes using his throwing axe and it went through the fence and hit the boat and knocked a 1/4 inch chunk of the gel coat and finish layer of fiberglass out. I can see the under layer of glass. Needless to say, not a happy camper about it. I was wondering if there is a product that I can use to cover that spot and make it look somewhat less noticiable.

Here's a thread with some great options:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=gelcoat

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

a throwing axe.....are you kidding me is his ass red....thats an expensive repair.....a sticker may hide it for a while

I bought an interstate battery at Costco for about $75 and it works great. Does everything I expect a battery to do.

No comment on the throwing axe
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I know, a throwing axe. My twins are 18 and bigger than me. LOL. I have "discussed" the issue with him and there will be no repeat performance.

Ok, one more thing. I have a bearing cover on the trailer leaking oil and don't know how to remove it, fix it, refill it. What are ya'll expert opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by MEDIC151 View Post
    Ok, one more thing. I have a bearing cover on the trailer leaking oil and don't know how to remove it, fix it, refill it. What are ya'll expert opinions.
    There should be an allen wrench plug on the bearing. Sometimes, they get loose and leak. Move the trailer so that the plug is on top, remove the plug, then top if off with 50wt motor oil.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sweet, thanks for the answer, I'll do it as soon as I get off duty.

I like the Optima Batteries! I used one in my Silverado and it worked fine, which it should have but it also lasted a long time. As matter of fact I sold the truck with it in it.
    Just keep in mind that OEM, boats and/or cars are NOT going to put the top of the line equipment in their vehicles. I am not saying they are using crap either but my experience with GM batteries is you get 3 years and then one day they are gone. They don't even tell you they are going, you wake up one morning and turn the key and nothing, they are gone. With my years of German cars the batteries have performed better and they do tell you they are going but when I pay 200 dollars for a battery I do expect to get something in return.

That's my experience too. Who makes the AC/Delco batteries?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!