Thread: Ballast Leaking

Default Ballast Leaking

Alright, problems keep coming up!! Just got back from the lake, have a pretty big leak in the seam of a ballast bag. Please tell me I can repair this somehow! I do not want to buy a new bag.

Is there a seam sealer out there? Have you had this happen and repair it? What about a regular ballast patch, would this work over the seam? Please help!!

Let me know your advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

I will headed to AWS today ill talk with Spencer and or Jason see if they have any ideas as a sealer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I would look at it as a opportunity to upgrade your rear left to a larger ballast for surfing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLY-HIGH-FAT-SAC...item45f128b7c2

I really doubt you can repair it. There is no glue that will seal that since it's not a hard surface but like a balloon.

I should have mentioned, these are custom made sacks. They were in the boat when I bought it. Not sure who makes it as there is nothing written on them. I think the seams are different then fly high or any other brand I have seen. (See Pictures)

I pointed out where it's leaking from. Think I can peel back the seam a little and stuff some sort of sealant in there? If so, what kind? Or what about using the sealant, then putting a circle patch over that entire area?

These are 650lb sacks already, I will definitely go with the fly high 750 sack IF I can not repair this one. Money is tight right now and I would much rather do a temporary fix to get me through my wedding and upgrade in the winter.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Talked to Spencer and all he said was send them back to Fly High. I told him they might not be fly high and he didnt have any ideas. Looks like you need some kind of rubber bonding agent
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]