Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question: Did you run your tower speaker wires...

...down one side, or did you run each side seperately?

I am hoping that I can fish mine down the port side (opposite side the factory tower light wires run through) front tube, and run them through the hinge, as opposed to drilling another hole in my hull.

If that doesn't work, I'll try going down the same side as the factory wires and see if I can use the existing plug - anyone with experiance with that?

I guess we'll see how it goes, any tips are greatly appreciated!
    2013 Outback V

I didn't personally do mine, but all wires for all 4 speakers are run down the Port side leg of the tower. I think it would all depend on where the holes for the wires are drilled in the tower, but a stiff piece of wire should allow you to "thread" the wires from the starboard side speaker toward the port side. Some fish tape would should do you really well in this type of situation!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

ian,
    I think if you want to utilize the factory plug you'll need to check and see how many pins it has. Mine has 2 pins installed for the tower nav. light but the deustch connector will take 4 total. That doesn't allow enough for 2 tower speakers as you need all 4.

They make an 8 pin that you can replace the 4 pin with and that would allow the flexibility to run enough wires to accomodate you but remember that you'll have to fish all that through one side and might be tough? Plus you may have to enlarge the opening to allow for the 8pin??

That's why I ended up going on the opposite side and fishing the 2 sets of wires through the port side and utilizing another 4pin through hull connector. Less to get in the way fishing new wires.

Hope that helps?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

OH -
    And all my amps are right there in the observer's cubby so I wanted the wires on that side anyway!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    OH -
    And all my amps are right there in the observer's cubby so I wanted the wires on that side anyway!!
    Same here. The tower on the LSV is different (the wires can stay inside the tower all the way other than where it exits for the speakers) but I ran all the speaker wires on the port side tower leg since that's where my amps are.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have an 02' Outback so I don't have the light up top.

I wanted to try and use the tiny hole at the bottom of the tower for the wires to go in/out of, but it was too small of a hole so I drilled another hole close by and ran the wires through. I used a roll of Weed Eater String since it was long enough and sturdy, to run up the tower, tape the tower speaker wire to and pull back through.

I then drilled a hole into the fiberglass to run the Duetsch connector through. It was really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    ...down one side, or did you run each side seperately?

I am hoping that I can fish mine down the port side (opposite side the factory tower light wires run through) front tube, and run them through the hinge, as opposed to drilling another hole in my hull.

If that doesn't work, I'll try going down the same side as the factory wires and see if I can use the existing plug - anyone with experiance with that?

I guess we'll see how it goes, any tips are greatly appreciated!
    I just wired a tower exactly like yours bro. I can send you pics or tell you exactly what i did. I used 14 gauge wire and ran them down the left side of the boat. The wire came out the hole in the tube and i sent it straight into the boat. Realy clean looking. Didnt use the connector as to me it just looks more like a hack job. I went clean and simple.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

ian,

here is a pic of mine.

no connectors just silcone to make it water tight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JM that's really slick looking bro. I love the little chrome scoop. I had to run the one i did behind the foot, i measured and placed it exactly where the factory light harness is so it would look symmetrical.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I did the tower on mine. It never had any wires in it till I done it. I drilled into the middle of the tower on the bottom and used the front tube of the tower. I went down to the foot and drilled out near the bottom and then drilled into the foot plate itself. I put some wire loom on there and you cant see it unless you know its there, its hid behind the tube.

To run the wires through the tube was a pain, I tried several differant ways. In the end I used about 3' of thin twine and taped it to the end of some electrical fence wire. I put the twine through first and pushed the wire till it was near the hole at the end (I marked the wire with a piece of tape at about the length between the holes) then I taped up the hole on the other end and used the shop vac to suck the twine out of the tower. Worked like a champ. I will get you a pic later.