Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to mount amp boards to inside of hull?

Hello Everybody,

I would like to mount my amps to a board inside the passenger seat compartment against the hull like I have seen time and time again. I think this is a clean, space conserving way and I cant think of a better place. I have read through many of the threads and not found how these are being mounted. I found a supra thread where they glued wooden blocks to the inside if the hull. I have also seen the use of small "L" brackets.

I have a 07 outback V. If I glue blocks, what would be a good adhesive to use? Is this a good way to mount these? If not, how the heck do I mount them? Are there any draw backs to gluing the blocks? Help!

Thanks,

Bob

I glued 3/4" butcher blocker to the inside of the hull. Thats the closest they had to sea block (if not the same). Then screwed into that. Havnt had it out on the water yet, but with a few GOOD tugs, it stayed attached.

Got the butcher block from a local plastics shop.

there is a strip were the two halfs come together you can screw to that with the proper size screw

Bob,

On my boat, there is about a 1" tall by 3/4" thick strip of starboard type material that serves as the backing for the rubrail (the rubrail is screwed to it). I attached the top of the amp board to that. I then used a hinge and used that to attach the bottom of the board to the floor of the boat. I used a hinge instead of an L bracket because the board does not make a 90 degree angle with the floor of the boat. In hindsight though, I should have used an L bracket and just bent it to the right angle as the hingle moves a bit.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I just screwed mine into the built out air duct portion of the compartment. You just have to have amps with a small enough footprint to fit
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Bob,

On my boat, there is about a 1" tall by 3/4" thick strip of starboard type material that serves as the backing for the rubrail (the rubrail is screwed to it). I attached the top of the amp board to that. I then used a hinge and used that to attach the bottom of the board to the floor of the boat. I used a hinge instead of an L bracket because the board does not make a 90 degree angle with the floor of the boat. In hindsight though, I should have used an L bracket and just bent it to the right angle as the hingle moves a bit.

Al
    Bob,

I did mine like cab with a small variation. Make sure you pre drill pilot holes through your amp rack and into the rubrail strip (the rubrail strip is some tuff stuff). For the bottom of the rack I cut two small scrape pieces of my amp board and screwed them to the floor tight against the amp board. No need for metal brakets, and that baby's not gonna budge! I can take pics if you like.

Good luck
    Last edited by 2007 Outback V; 05-26-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone have pics of how they do it from the factory? That may help the op out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Bob,

I did mine like cab with a small variation. Make sure you pre drill pilot holes through your amp rack and into the rubrail strip (the rubrail strip is some tuff stuff). For the bottom of the rack I cut two small scrape pieces of my amp board and screwed them to the floor tight against the amp board. No need for metal brakets, and that baby's not gonna budge! I can take pics if you like.

Good luck
    Please send pics if its not too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDNIRON8971 View Post
    I glued 3/4" butcher blocker to the inside of the hull. Thats the closest they had to sea block (if not the same). Then screwed into that. Havnt had it out on the water yet, but with a few GOOD tugs, it stayed attached.

Got the butcher block from a local plastics shop.
    What kind of glue did you use?

I cut 1" x 1" squares of MDF, then cut 1" x 1" squares in the carpet on the wall. I then used Gorilla Glue to secure them to the hull. They haven't come lose yet!
    2013 Outback V