Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wakeboards in racks while traveling

Where do you put your boards while traveling? Do you just leave them in the racks or put them in the floor of the boat till you get there?

I put mine in the bed of my truck.

This was a huge debate last year also. If your close to the lake and not going to be traveling faster then what the boat goes in the water i dont think it realy matters.

If your going to be on the freeway id say no way the boards have to be stowed. We generally keep ours in the V drive locker. This year i think they will be in the back of the truck as i am tired of vacuuming and cleaning the V drives ever couple days LOL.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht=boards+rack
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My boat is stored 2-3 miles from the water and speed limit is 45mph so I just leave mine in the racks and drive 40mph. As with everyone else, if I have to drive further than my primary ramp to another ramp I'll put them in wakeboard bags in the truck.

Always in the boat or in the truck. Never on the racks.

The common argument is "I'm only going 45 mph to the launch" which isn't much different than being on the lake at 45mph.

The difference is that if your board flies out of the racks at 45 mph on the lake it doesn't go through the windshield of the car behind you and it doesn't shatter to pieces when it hits the ground.

Just put em in the truck or on the floor of the boat.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Never in the racks no matter how far or fast. I've seen what happens when boards come off and it ain't pretty! Mine are either in the rear compartments or in truck bed.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I definitely agree! I always keep them in the boat. Most boards are $300-400, and the last thing you would want would be to lose it and have it destroyed for a silly mistake like that. Or even worse, come off and hit someone going down the road. Not worth the risk.
    2006 Mobius XLV

never in the racks on the road
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I used to carry them in the racks, but now place them in the extended cab or in the bed. occasionally in the front of the boat with the snap-on cover in place, but not very often there.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

On the floor of the boat on either side of the motor!
    never on the racks for reasons already stated.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet