Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I concur with all you guys. I don't think, even if I was traveling a short distance, that I'd leave them in the racks. You never know what could happen, and like JB said, these cost a fair amount of money, and I would hate to see my boards bouncing down the road behind me...
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Never on the racks for me. I put this together last year and it works great, although I replaced the MDF (not water friendly) with 1 x 12.

-McMoomba

2008 Outback V

I put everything that can fall or blow out of the boat in my rig. I told someone last year that the value of their boat wouldn't pay for attorney fees if one of those boards came off and hurt someone.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

McMoomba, I think I remember pics of that setup from last year. Way too cool. I think I resolved to get more organized after seeing that. Well, I have a list of things I'm going to do to to organize better-- where'd I put that list anyway?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I only ever travel with wakeskates and they are always tucked into my gunwales.....I actually think it looks pretty poserish when you see people driving down the road with gear in the racks. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by deepcove View Post
    I only ever travel with wakeskates and they are always tucked into my gunwales.....I actually think it looks pretty poserish when you see people driving down the road with gear in the racks. Just my opinion.
    I agree with you here. Also i only seem to see people with old ass gear that do this too LOL.

I will have to make me one of those cool racks for Black Betty McMoomba thats a sweet idea.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by McMoomba View Post
    Never on the racks for me. I put this together last year and it works great, although I replaced the MDF (not water friendly) with 1 x 12.

Thats a very good idea, THANKS!

The reason I ask is a local dealer was asking why I kept the boards on the floor of the boat while I was pulling it. He told me it was better to put them in the racks because thats what they were for. I asked about them flying out of the racks and he said they stay there while driving on the water.

Thanks again !!

We all have bags for ours then they sit in the boat nicely. My bag holds mine and my wife's board. I can't really see having them in there for longer than the ride from the camp site to the boat ramp. On the water there are no rocks flying around or passing trucks.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

anybody else see the mybusters episode where they tossed a soda bottle, or a fountain drink? thru a oncoming car's windshield--just think what a board could do.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart