Default prop shaft does not spin free in " neutral "

We hit a rock did what I would consider moderate damage to the prop and I the boat in neutral and tried to spin it ... not even gonna budge !

My question is can the shaft spin by hand or is it not really suppose to spin free.. I have never attempted to spin the shaft prior to the hit so I am worried I am doing something wrong or that the shaft is bent ....

How difficult is the shaft to replace ? worst case senerio ?
    never enough ...
    ------------------------
    2005 Mobius XLV

If the boat is in neutral the prop shaft should spin by hand.It doesn't spin freely but it can be spun by hand without too much effort.
    jy

Just checked mine, battery disconnected, boat out of gear, and no prop. The shaft spins real easy with the bare hand.

Is just your shaft bent or did you bend the strut as well? your going to have to undo the coupler to see how bad it is.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Is just your shaft bent or did you bend the strut as well? your going to have to undo the coupler to see how bad it is.
    well water tested, just got back there is a slight vibration i think the shaft is just bent but the rubber inside the strut is dry rotted and I wanna kill 2 birds with one pebble here ... where can i get the strut rubber liner and shaft ... and can I get the old shaft straitened for a spare?
    never enough ...
    ------------------------
    2005 Mobius XLV

Sounds like you are in for the whole ball game. If the shaft isn't straight and the strut is binding it's time to have the whole works done.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!