Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Al,
    I went with the KDC X-493.
    I went with the 692 (now discontinued). I liked the fact that the aux in jack is in the back of the unit because I run a cable from the HU to the helm so it worked out better for me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    I have been meaning to do the exact same thing with my '01 OB. Believe it or not, have the factory Kenwood speakers (4) with factory Kenwood TAPE AM/FM radio and driver's side mounted control.

Sounds like crap - mostly because of hte speakers I'm sure.

Want a basic, decent set-up. Is that Sony unit plug and play or do I need a wiring harness? Will anything I buy come with an appropriate wiring harness or am I going to have issues? How hard is it to swap head units? How hard is it to change speakers to the Polk db 651s everyone recommends?
    Volfo,

If you stick with Kenwood, the wiring harness should be the same so you just have to unplug the old and plug in the new. Plus if you have a Kenwood or Aeware remote, the Kenwood HU will be compatible with it.

Swapping out the speakers is easy. If you are lucky, the screw holes will match up. If not, you will have to redrill them but that's no big deal.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Volfo,

If you stick with Kenwood, the wiring harness should be the same so you just have to unplug the old and plug in the new. Plus if you have a Kenwood or Aeware remote, the Kenwood HU will be compatible with it.

Swapping out the speakers is easy. If you are lucky, the screw holes will match up. If not, you will have to redrill them but that's no big deal.

Al
    Concur with what Cab states!
    Changing the deck and cockpit speakers is one of the easiest upgrades you can make for the sound system! I wouldn't hesitate to do it. It's also one of the cheapest bang for your buck imo.

Get a good HU on sale and find the Polk DB651's and your only looking at under $300. Amp and sub is another easy upgrade and not that expensive. Hardest part is figuring out where/how to install the sub

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet