Default Jason @ Wakemakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Electric-Solen...item45f17b9ddf

Could I install 3 of these on my 3 intakes to replce the manual ball valves and eliminate the need of 1" vented loops???
    Last edited by stretch55; 05-19-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I thought of that a while back as well. Howver, why not leave the ball valve in place for emergency purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I thought of that a while back as well. Howver, why not leave the ball valve in place for emergency purpose.
    True. You could. I would just like to get rid of the vented loop to decrease the friction in the line.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

One thing i was thinking was install three of these and a reversible pump then i could fill and empty all bags from under the boat. Think this will work?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    One thing i was thinking was install three of these and a reversible pump then i could fill and empty all bags from under the boat. Think this will work?

You won't need those if you have the reversable pumps like the Jabsco or Johnsons. I need them because I have 3 tsunami 1200's and 31" vented loops. I am just trying to eliminate the vented loop.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

I am not looking to install three pumps but one. One pump is a lot less then three of them.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I'm not Jason but I'll give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Electric-Solen...item45f17b9ddf

Could I install 3 of these on my 3 intakes to replce the manual ball valves and eliminate the need of 1" vented loops???
    Yes, you could but look at the cutaway diagram in the listing (click on item 10 in the technical specifications section) and the pic of the bottom part of the valve. I count 5 times that the water has to turn 90 degrees before eventually going out the other end so it looks like a very restrictive design. You could do the same thing with your Irritrols and I think you would get better flow out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    The valve in question is normally closed - it requires power to open it. So if it loses power, it won't open so there is no need for a second emergency valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I suppose you could do that but the valves look restrictive.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I count 5 times that the water has to turn 90 degrees before eventually going out the other end so it looks like a very restrictive design.
    Sorry, 4 times.

I got excited when I first saw this also because it looked like a motorized ball valve (full port, straight thru design) but it's not that.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well that won't work then cause I was trying to reduce the restriction by eliminating the vent loop. Oh weel the new system works fine
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD