Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Razz,

thanks i guess i can do it that way. I will stop at the Harley dealer tomorrow to see if they have some.

if i will order them without the pre wire, much cheaper.

Thanks.

02 outback i only need a two pin for the triple ballast wiring schematic.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Razz, If you are like me then you can also add a little solder to make sure there is no issue on the connection.

Also thank you for this post. I have been wanting to get some of these for some time now but did not know the brand and have been too lazy to take one in to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Joe you don't need no steenkin' crimping tool!

I've put many of those together without one. You have the pin, which you have to attach to the wire, the housing which contains the inner seal the pins go through and the retainer which locks the pins in place.

Simply strip the wire and place into pin slot, wrap the tabs at the bottom of the pin around the wire cover one side at a time and squeeze with needlenose until it's firmly locked but not squished. Heat and float a drop of solder into the pin, seriously a small drop! Do all your pins.

Push pins up into the bottom of housing through rubber seal until they click into place and then place the retainer over the top of pins until it clicks into place and your done.

If a 117hp shaking Harley can't break them or make them fail then i'll gaurantee a boat can't!
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Joe, so for all of that and having used them many times before, unless your going to have the connector laying in the bilge i personally wouldn't even use them unless your going for a cleanliness look. They're just a pain in the butt! The ONLY reason i used them on the bikes is because they are waterproof and when a bike gets caught in the rain nothing is safe from water.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz,

My drain pumps two Tsunami's and the solenoids ( got from a member up grading) have only raw wires , the fill pump and the GI one drain pump will plug and play. so the wiring harness Gi to GIII came with all these. so maybe i will just butt splice them together or find something cheap and easy at lowes.

I thought it would be easier to find these

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Use self sealing butt-splices if anything, that way you don't have to worry about water at all. After splicing heat them up for a moment and the sealant fills the voids. They can be had at Radio Shack i believe, Harley shop if not.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Just caught this post and see you probably already have the solution?

But I did a ton of searching to find them as well earlier this year for my through Hull Speaker wires. LADD Industries was the place I found them for the cheapest. They can pre-wire them for you for a bit extra but total came to around $5 a peice for them if I remember right. I talked to a guy named Jesse there.

I ended up going a different route because some of the parts were backordered and I need to finish my install so I went with different connectors.

Let me know if you need me to track down a contact # or something for you as I saved all the info.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    here is a link to buy

http://www.deutschconnector.com/
    I wish I would have seen this before. I had had tons of projects where these would have been great
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Razzman,

I stopped at both local HD dealers, they only had the pins since the connectors really dont go bad. They could order them for me. I decided to order mine from batts racing and put them together( much cheaper if i do it, 2.50 a piece)
    Last edited by jmvotto; 05-21-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: cant typ....

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yeah some shops carry all the stuff, others don't. Glad you found it cheap!
    2007 Mobius LSV