Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sounds like Newty can hook me up with some surf traction pad so I'll be cleaning it up soon in preparation.

How about wax on the bottom of the surf - you guys using anything at all or anything special? I'm thinking just a light glaze like I used to do mid-day up snow skiing years back may help this thing glide better.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Sled491 Guest

My understanding is that the wax was always for traction. I know you don't put anything on the bottom of a Wake Surf board and I doubt you would on your ocean board, but I might be wrong,

Right - the crud on top, and it actually worked pretty good but I can see how it would end up everywhere on a hot day. Guess I'll leave the bottom alone then.

Just waitin on you Newty - when you think I can check out that surf traction pad? Do I have to bribe ya with beer?

Sled491 Guest

Oh man now you did it, he'll be like a bear at the dump now

Funny Ed - Just talked to Newty a little while ago actually! Mention beer - get almost immediate response. Hmmmmm.

We don't have much for surf shops around here - if any. It has been raining so steadily that you could practically surf down the street though...

Finally got the ballast upgraded, traction on the old surfboard (Thanks Newty), and out on the water for a few days back to back. This board just feels slooooooooooow on the water. Tried moving people around, different speeds, everything. I rode forever trying to find the sweet spot and get a free ride and it almost didnt' exist...

So I'm looking at getting a different starter board, good for me but also anyone else who wants to give it a go.

Possibly a Liquid Force Venture or a Hyperlite Broadcast. Any feedback or comparison on these boards from the Moomba family?

I'm 6'3", 200lbs so I'm thinking the 5'6" board will be the way to go. Most of the guys I go surfing with are close to my size. Canuckle you said you're happy with the Liquid Force but outgrowing it?

I may have to check at AWS to see if I can demo either of these...

-Berg

Do a search on Broadcast. It's a nice board-- pretty cheap and you can remove fins to change the setup. Lots of fun ways to do it. Leave the two outer ones on for a loose fast feel. Take the two outer ones off for a looser feel that you can still steer. Lots of fun. I've been riding mine for two seasons and still have a blast on it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

You can go with a two word group or three word group

"Inland Surfer"

"The Walker Project"

A bit more money, but way worth it in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Finally got the ballast upgraded, traction on the old surfboard (Thanks Newty), and out on the water for a few days back to back. This board just feels slooooooooooow on the water. Tried moving people around, different speeds, everything. I rode forever trying to find the sweet spot and get a free ride and it almost didnt' exist...

So I'm looking at getting a different starter board, good for me but also anyone else who wants to give it a go.

Possibly a Liquid Force Venture or a Hyperlite Broadcast. Any feedback or comparison on these boards from the Moomba family?

I'm 6'3", 200lbs so I'm thinking the 5'6" board will be the way to go. Most of the guys I go surfing with are close to my size. Canuckle you said you're happy with the Liquid Force but outgrowing it?

I may have to check at AWS to see if I can demo either of these...

-Berg

Yeah, I figured it would be too slow but didn't want to rain on your parade. The Venture has been a great board to use to dial in my wake but like I said I think it's time for me to move on to something else. I will keep it though as it's a great board to learn on.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V