Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sharing the stoke!

Had a great session on the water last night..

I landed my first *SWITCH* ts fs 180 last night. I haven't rode much switch ever so last night I was taking some sets.. I've got my ts fs regular 180's and hs fs 180's dialed in already so I figured I'd try to work on my switch 180's.. I hit my first one I tried.

I was so stoked when I rode away from it - I'm sure from the boat I looked shocked.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handicapped feeling when I'm taking sets switch.. I can't even get wake to wake riding switch yet. I case the other side of the wake. I'll get there though - its' only mid May.. By the end of June I'm going to be 100% comfortable riding switch. It's my next goal.

Added another one to the bag of tricks!
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Congrats! Some of us will never be comfy switch. To many years of slalom skiing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handicapped feeling when I'm taking sets switch.
    When the waters rough, ride switch - the learning curve will be shortened

Great job on the 180s!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Congrats! Some of us will never be comfy switch. To many years of slalom skiing.
    Too true! One can only hope with practice it get's easier. Problem is I'm not that young anymore

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    So true! I slalom'd for YEARS and dont' ride switch well on a snowboard either.

The switch 180 was AWESOME to hit.. The other solid 180's were just gravy..

HS BS 180 is next. Only one I haven't hit yet.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by scoot_gt View Post
    When the waters rough, ride switch - the learning curve will be shortened

Great job on the 180s!
    I'm starting "switch Sundays" for the rest of the summer. Nothing but switch the whole time.. I'm usually hung over on Sundays anyways - it will work perfect.

Speaking of riding switch. When I was a little kid all the way into my mid teens I could ride my skateboard goofy (my preferred stance) or switch. I hope that 23 years later it will come back to me at 38 yrs old. I recently found my old skateboard at my parents house and took a few laps around the block riding switch. My neighbors who have known me since I was 5 made it a point to tell me I wasn't a kid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Speaking of riding switch. When I was a little kid all the way into my mid teens I could ride my skateboard goofy (my preferred stance) or switch. I hope that 23 years later it will come back to me at 38 yrs old. I recently found my old skateboard at my parents house and took a few laps around the block riding switch. My neighbors who have known me since I was 5 made it a point to tell me I wasn't a kid anymore.
    age is a number!

Congrats on the ts switch 180 ! I'm trying to get that one w2w, But man my cut is so screwed up toe switch though.

I'm going for some switch grabs this year, I've come really close on a switch roast beef. I suppose a tail grab might be easier though when I think about it ?
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Congrats on the ts switch 180 ! I'm trying to get that one w2w, But man my cut is so screwed up toe switch though.

I'm going for some switch grabs this year, I've come really close on a switch roast beef. I suppose a tail grab might be easier though when I think about it ?
    Get em both!

My toeside switch edging is better than my healside... I seem to be opposite of most in that regard.