Default 2008 XLV Ballast Question

I have a 2008 XLV with the GG3 Ballast system. I think something is wrong with the Ballast system? If I fill the rear left, or the rear right bag (one or the other), the ski locker also fills. If I fill the ski locker only, the rear bags do not fill. Each bag empties on its own switch. Is this right? I was under the impression that each bag had to be switched on in order to fill. In my case, if we fill one or the other rear locker, the ski locker also fills. Any thoughts?

Also, what is the stock Ballast weight for the GG3 set up... I think its 300lbs on each side and 400 in the middle?? is this right? We are wanting to upgrade the lbs on each side but want to know what we are starting with before we do so....

Thanks

Sounds like your center sprinkler valve is stuck open or has the switch in the wrong position.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Tevor,

Yes, each bag should fill independently depending on which switch you turn on. Kane is right, I suspect that the little black lever on the front valve is in the open position. Look at all three of your sprinkler valves and note the position of the little black levers. I bet you that the valves to the rear sacs are in the closed position but the valve to the front is in the open position. Move the little black lever so it matches the rear valves.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

You can see the little black levers in the pic below. You want them in the position shown which means that they will open and close when the ballast switch is turned one. If you turn the levers 90 degrees, then they are always open and the bags will fill by themselves when you are on plane.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks everyone... the switch was turned the wrong way... A little turn and each bag now fills on its own.

Curious though... If we go to the 750lbs bags in each rear locker, is it a good idea to buy a couple 155lbs bricks for the front? Main concern is for surfing and wakeboarding.... Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    IAlso, what is the stock Ballast weight for the GG3 set up... I think its 300lbs on each side and 400 in the middle?? is this right? We are wanting to upgrade the lbs on each side but want to know what we are starting with before we do so....

Thanks
    Do your bags have a series of numbers on one end of them? If so, post those numbers here and I can tell you what size bags you have.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcfar View Post
    Thanks everyone... the switch was turned the wrong way... A little turn and each bag now fills on its own.

Curious though... If we go to the 750lbs bags in each rear locker, is it a good idea to buy a couple 155lbs bricks for the front? Main concern is for surfing and wakeboarding.... Thoughts?
    Glad to hear that solved it. Nothing like an easy fix.

As for the 155's-- don't you have any friends?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!