Thread: wake and weight

Default wake and weight

Hey, trying to tweak the wake. Usually its only 3 of out riding. Factory ballast full and about 500 lbs lead .60 foot rope cause any longer & its too wide to get across. Should boat ride more vertical than plane? Do you weigh the boat down evenly?

How fast are you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by LSV04 View Post
    Hey, trying to tweak the wake. Usually its only 3 of out riding. Factory ballast full and about 500 lbs lead .60 foot rope cause any longer & its too wide to get across. Should boat ride more vertical than plane? Do you weigh the boat down evenly?

If you can only clear the wake at 60 feet - then you should back down the ballast and work on your riding.

We weight my boat down 60% up front and 40% in back but I've heard that the newer LSV's like 60% rear and 40% more.

I would speed up the boat (which will narrow the wake) and start riding at 70 feet and work on progressive edging.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Holy you load 60 front 40 rear eh. If you do that in an outback the nose will go under so fast haha.

We ussually fill the rear ballast and then put a person or two upfront.

But yeah you might be riding too slow, I think I ride around 21-23 if I remember correctly

Jeff is right on. First, in my 2001 outback I can clear wake to wake with no ballast at 22 mph. Second, my outback wake is dialed in at 60% front and 40% rear. It is easy to dip the bow though, but that is what bilge pumps are for.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Jeff is right on. First, in my 2001 outback I can clear wake to wake with no ballast at 22 mph. Second, my outback wake is dialed in at 60% front and 40% rear. It is easy to dip the bow though, but that is what bilge pumps are for.
    I DO have an Outback and I do weight is 60/40. Somtimes 70/30. You just have to drive carefully. I NEVER dip the bow of my boat. NEVER.

I can clear the wake on my boat at 70 feet with no ballast. It's all about taking a strong, progressive edge and standing tall at the wake.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

In my '04 LSV:
    60% front
    40% rear
    wake plate up until boat just begins to "porpoise" then back off a little
    22-24mph depending upon rider preference
    rope length 70-80ft depending upon rider preference

No offense intended, but if you're not clearing the wake at 60ft, you got some problems much more serious than how to weight the boat.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.